"No response code from server" message when attempting to add account on new Mac

System
edited November 2017 in Mac

Comments

• mlarr
    mlarr
    Community Member

I am having the same issue, all data in now vault and the only place it lives right now is on my iPhone. I'm attempting to "Add Account" in order to sync up with my newly purchased 1Password Account and new vault on my MacBook Pro. I have 1Password Pro (6.4.4) on my phone and previously utilized Dropbox to sync (which worked flawlessly). Unfortunately, when setting up my new MacBook Pro the Dropbox sync simply did not work so I purchased the 1Password subscription in order to make it "easier", this has not materialized. When attempting to add an account on my phone and scanning in the QR code from the Emergency Kit, I receive a "No response code from server" error in red. Please advise, also, this is my first time on this forum. how can I monitor when I receive a response?

• @mlarr,

I see you mention the version you're using on your iPhone (6.4.4), you'll definitely want to update that to something newer in order to continue using it with your 1Password.com account, specifically you'll want to run 6.5.3 or newer on iOS as shown on https://support.1password.com/system-requirements/

You don't say what version of 1Password you're using on your MacBook Pro but I would recommend verifying that its newer than 1Password 6.6.

Rudy

• mlarr
    mlarr
    Community Member

Iphone app does not give me any option to update to latest version (at least I can't find it), App Store shows no Update available, how do I update the iPhone App to the latest version?

• mlarr
    mlarr
    Community Member

MacBook version was downloaded yesterday, its the latest version. Do you have an option to speak via voice? I think this may be fixable quickly with real time interaction

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@mlarr -- iOS apps aren't updated from within the app itself but from within the App Store. You should see the familiar Updates section, and 1Password should be available within that, if you're not on the current version.

We don't have telephone support for various reasons, one of them being a way for others to find the same information if they need it (on this forum), and another being so users can refer back to it if problems recur or they need to reference steps that were taken. We're more than happy to continue helping you here. :) Please update to the most-current version(s) and try adding your account to your existing apps one more time. If you're successful, you can move your data from older standalone (Dropbox) vaults. Let us know how that works for you!

• mlarr
    mlarr
    Community Member

There is no option in the App Store to Update (6.4.4) but it sounds like from an earlier response I do not have the latest version (6.5.3) installed. I do not know how to proceed...

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@mlarr -- that's quite odd. If you're using 6.4.4, you should certainly see a reminder to update 1Password from the Mac App Store. If you're willing, try deleting 1Password, restarting, then downloading again from the Mac App Store. NOTE: Don't use any app cleaners or uninstallers to do this, as these programs can remove more data than we want them to. Just drag the 1Password app to the Trash, then restart your Mac. Once you've restarted, visit the Purchased tab of the Mac App Store, and see which version it offers you to install. Let us know how that works for you!

• mlarr
    mlarr
    Community Member

The issue now is I cannot delete 1Password from my phone because it's the only place that all of my passwords live right now. I do not have it backed up anywhere else because of the dropbox issue. If I delete it from my phone I think all my passwords will be going as well?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@mlarr -- ah, OK - you're referring to your iPhone's copy of 1Password, not your Mac. If the problem you've been having with Dropbox is only an issue on your Mac, you should still be able to sync the data on your iPhone with Dropbox, then perform the delete/re-install I mentioned, and resume syncing right where you left it. If that's not an option for some reason, you can switch your sync method (temporarily) to iCloud, then you should have a copy of your data available for you when you re-install.

• mlarr
    mlarr
    Community Member

That makes sense, once I complete the sink via iCloud how do I confirm that all of the data is indeed on the iCloud before I delete the app on my phone? I need to confirm that that information lives somewhere else (ICloud) before deleting it from my phone as it's the only place it lives right now

• mlarr
    mlarr
    Community Member

Error message
    iCloud Drive not available iCloud is either restricted by parental controls or device management.

• mlarr
    mlarr
    Community Member

Additionally, I accidentally deleted the file that lives in one password for dropbox syncing, how can I get the file back and put it in my 1Password folder so I can resume syncing with Dropbox?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@mlarr - instead of iCloud, feel free to use Dropbox. Go to Settings > Sync > (name of vault) > Sync Service and tap "Disable Sync" in red at the bottom. Then switch it again to Dropbox syncing, and you can write out a new OPVault (that's the name of the sync keychain in Dropbox). Then continue on with the other steps to delete/re-install 1Password for iOS.

• mlarr
    mlarr
    Community Member

The pathway you provided is not possible on my iPhone. The only option is to start syncing in the primary vault and when I attempt that I get the same error message. I appreciate your help and I can continue to write message after message but everything I'm trying is leading to a dead end. Is there any more efficient way for you to help me with this?

• mlarr
    mlarr
    Community Member

Error Listing Keychains
    1Password encountered a problem

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2017

@mlarr: That means Dropbox is telling us you don't have any 1Password vaults stored there. Since you haven't provided many details about what you're using and the exact steps you're taking, it's difficult to say. But if you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to restart your device, reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report for each device so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@agilebits.com Let me know once you've sent it. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Also, it seems like you're going back and forth between referring to your Mac and iPhone, so please be specific. Thanks in advance!

ref: LMG-82322-473

• mlarr
    mlarr
    Community Member

I will do as instructed. Dropbox does not recognize 1Password as I've explained earlier I deleted the 1Password file in Dropbox per an earlier instruction and have been asking how to load that file back into Dropbox.

• mlarr
    mlarr
    Community Member

I just emailed it. BTW, to confirm the only device I am currently working on is my IPhone as it's the only device with my 1Password vault on it. At this point, I'm simply trying to back this data up somewhere don i can delete the app from my phone and reinstall the latest version in order to start over with potentially activating 1Password on my new MacBook Pro. Thanks

• @mlarr,

Unfortunately Dropbox is no longer compatible with the version of 1Password you have. See the System Requirements page for more on that. The only reason I can think of that you aren't seeing newer releases of 1Password for IOS is that you're running an OS prior to 9.3. You'll want to update your OS and then update 1Password for IOS to move forward there.

Rudy

• mlarr
    mlarr
    Community Member

I'm running 10.2.1 on my IPhone

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@mlarr -- I'd go with the iCloud method I recommended above, then. You'd be able to verify this from any other device you have running 1Password -- sync the iCloud data to a new vault temporarily, and you can check your data for consistency. Then proceed with the original steps.

• mlarr
    mlarr
    Community Member

As I mentioned earlier, ICloud method is unsuccessful. I sent the diagnostics report to Brenty last night as requested, waiting for next steps...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Yep! I'll get back to you via email shorty. :)

This discussion has been closed.