Unable to access second password from mini-password dialog

Options
NomadUK
NomadUK
Community Member

I have an account that has a login password, but in the 1Password record I've added a second password, which is used once I've logged into the account for other purposes. I'd like to be able to simply copy and paste that password from the mini-password window, but I see no way to make the secondary password field visible without putting the window into Edit mode.

I don't see much point in allowing me to add all sorts of useful information to the 1Password record if I can't access any of it from the mini-password window.

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.8.4 (684001) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: macOS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2017
    Options

Hi @NomadUK - you can edit items in either the main 1Password window or the mini to include additional fields or sections -- all of which should be visible to you when you next click on them from the mini.

• NomadUK
    NomadUK
    Community Member
    Options

As noted above, that's what I did, but can't see the additional fields in the mini. See attached screenshots.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@NomadUK - Did you know you can scroll in the non-edit (standard) view? If your item details are longer than the standard mini item detail view, you should be able to scroll down and see anything not immediately displayed.

• NomadUK
    NomadUK
    Community Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

Nope. Doesn't work. Tried scroll wheel, click and drag, arrow keys; nothing. And there's no scroll bar displayed to indicate to the user that this is possible, in any event.

• @NomadUK,

What happens if you give the section that this additional password field is in a name?

Rudy

• NomadUK
    NomadUK
    Community Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

Did that, no difference.

I'm assuming nobody else is able to reproduce this on macOS 10.11.6?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for trying that, @NomadUK.

I wasn't able to reproduce this with 6.8.4 on 10.11.6 when attempting a few days ago. Does it also happen if you create a new item to test with?

• NomadUK
    NomadUK
    Community Member
    Options

Interesting. No, if I create a new item, adding all sorts of extra fields, it behaves as expected, allowing me to scroll, etc.

If I duplicate the misbehaving item, the duplicate misbehaves just as the original does.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@NomadUK - I would suggest copying the information from that record over into a newly-created record (even if you have to use a Secure Note as a go-between temporarily), and then deleting the original item; it sounds as if some of the flags on that record are missing.

• NomadUK
    NomadUK
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, that seems to have fixed it. Maybe a good idea to add some sort of validation scan to catch malformed records in the database?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad to hear that helped! We're here if you need anything else. :)

This discussion has been closed.