To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I forgot my password as soon as I set up my account. :(

Options
2»

Comments

• forgottenpassword2
    Options

My support ID is [#TRW-67224-977]

• Ediann55
    Ediann55
    Community Member
    Options

I, too have forgotten m;y password, and really had not completed the registration process. Could you please delete my account so that I can just start over? Thanks, Passwordforgettingfreak

• DanielP
    DanielP
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @forgottenpassword2!

I have just replied to your email, let's keep the conversation going over there so we don't have to follow two threads ;)

Hi @Ediann55 :)

I have just sent you a deletion email, it should already be in your inbox. You will be able to sign up again using the same email address at this link:

https://1password.com/sign-up/

Once your account has been created again, you can apply the existing Apple subscription to your new account from the same device you used to activate the subscription in the first place:

If it was on iOS: Tap Settings > 1Password Accounts > [account] > Apply Purchase to Account.

If it was on macOS: From the menu bar, choose 1Password > Preferences, then click Accounts > [account] > Apply Purchase to Account.

• NickLinamen
    NickLinamen
    Community Member
    Options

Your customer support is AWEFULL!!!! I've written multiple times this past week with 0 response.

I've used 1Password for the last several years. My iPhone battery died and had to have the phone replaced. The new one died as well. Now I'm on my 3rd one in 4 weeks. I cannot log into 1Password. Th icon is there but it won't recognize my password. I do not remember my master password either. How do I overcome this to be able to use this app again?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @NickLinamen - I'm sorry you haven't had responses to your messages! However, I'm also a bit confused, as there is only one other thread started by you on this forum (last month), and it was responded to and resolved. And I see only one email to our support email address from you, also back in October - you emailed three times in twenty-one minutes, and one of my colleagues replied to you within 24 hours. I don't want to miss any other messages from you; have you created multiple accounts on this forum, or emailed in to support using a different email address than the one you used to register here?

I'm so sorry to hear you've had difficulties with dying phone batteries; that's a terrible feeling. Were you using a 1password.com account or using 1Password on any device besides the dead phone, and syncing your data?

• NickLinamen
    NickLinamen
    Community Member
    Options

I'm sorry, I was looking for an email from 1Password not Aglebits. My Bad.

I was using the app on my phone. BTW, I still have the original phone. I login using my thumb print. Is there a way for me to recover it inside the app itself.

• NickLinamen
    NickLinamen
    Community Member
    Options

I have to mail this phone back to Verizon in the next 15 minutes. Do you have an answer for me?

• NickLinamen
    NickLinamen
    Community Member
    Options

I've been on this support site since 1:56 PM. It is now 4:24 and I still don't have an answer. I guess my original comment has been proven out. AWFULL customer service.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@NickLinamen - This is a forum (like a bulletin board), not live chat. All of us here have multiple duties as well as numerous other users who also need our time and attention. We try to get to each user in the order we hear from them.

If you have the original phone and you're still able to access your 1Password data on that phone by signing in using Touch ID, then we will be able to recover your data. Is that the case? Do you have a working device that you can access your 1Password data on by using Touch ID?

• NickLinamen
    NickLinamen
    Community Member
    Options

Umm. That's what I said in my last comment..How do I do that?

• One
    One
    Community Member
    Options

Hello I too forgot my master password. I have my secret key not sure if that makes any difference? Please email so we can begin the verification process. Thank you

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @One -- not sure what verification process you're referring to, but if you've forgotten your Master Password, then unless you are a member of a team or a family and you can ask your admin or family organizer to recover your account, you will be unable to restore your data. We (AgileBits) do not have your Master Password nor your Secret Key, so if you have an individual 1password.com account, I'd recommend trying the steps found here to see if you can recall it. Otherwise, you'll need to delete your data and start over.

• One
    One
    Community Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

Hi @Lars, I have tried all those steps you posted. Can someone delete my account at 1password.com so I can start over? Please and thank you

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@One: We can't delete it for you, but I've sent instructions via email. Just follow that and you should be good to go. :)

• l_lorraine000
    l_lorraine000
    Community Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

My husband and I have a shared family account. He forgot his Master Password and cannot log into any of his devices. Apparently, he and I have different Master Passwords/Secret Keys. He wants to reset the account but is concerned that it will wipe out all the passwords I have in my vault. Can he delete the family account and start over without deleting all of my data? I don't have the option of recovering his account either. His name isn't even on my list of users.

• bundtkate
    edited November 2017
    Options

@l_lorraine000: I always hate giving advice about whether or not data will be lost without being able to take a closer look at how y'all are set up. The risks associated with being wrong are just too great to give you an answer without all of the details, which are difficult to ascertain on the forum. Could you send us an e-mail from the e-mail address you use to sign in to your account? You use the following code (including the square brackets) as the subject of your e-mail so that it'll come right to me. Reference this thread in your e-mail, along with your forum username and I can take a closer look and make sure I'm giving you proper advice:

[#TYP-62227-523]

Thanks! :chuffed:

To others reading: This Support ID is for l_lorraine000. If you're having a similar issue, let us know and we'll get you your own Support ID. :+1:

ref: TYP-62227-523

This discussion has been closed.