To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

No secret key, cannot log in

Hello! I have a problem. I created a 1Password account on my previous phone, but my phone was stolen and now I can't log in on any other device, as I am asked to provide a secret key. The police are investigating the robbery and are requiring me to change this password immediately. What do I do?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @throwawayyyyyyyy: I'm really sorry to hear your phone was stolen! I seem to have mine lifted from my pocket nearly ever time I travel out of the U.S., so I definitely understand how stressful that can be. We've published a guide that can help you find your Secret Key, but given you only ever used 1Password on your phone, it may well be that nothing there will be terribly helpful for you. :frown:

Are you certain you set up a 1Password account (purchased via a monthly or annual subscription) rather than a standalone vault (free on iOS and Android for the basic features)? The latter doesn't require a Secret Key and can be added to another device by selecting the sync method you were using (iCloud, Dropbox, etc.) on the Welcome screen after installing the 1Password app. You might try giving tapping each sync method a try to see what happens -- just in case. You can then change your Master Password in the app if you're able to sync up. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.