To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Confused accounts, how to sort, how to get on iPhone

Options
xandarar
xandarar
Community Member

A friend and I have been using 1Passwor6 for awhile. Suddenly he couldn't acces it on his iPhone. When we look at his accounts on his laptop -- we see he has both v5 and v6. When we look at the license, it shows me as the license holder. I can't find any record for him on his laptop. I can't find an agilebits keychain on is Mac either. What has happened? He purchased a family package of v5 on 3/29/14 and it is working fine on his wife's laptop. He deleted the app from the iPhone and now when he tries to open it he keeps being prompted for a secret key which he doesn't have. How can we sort this out? Am guessing we 3 will (my friend, his wife, and I will have to sit together on a conference call with you to fix this. The information below is for me. For my friend it is - 6.83, OS 10.10.5, he doesn't know how he syncs. Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.84
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:my account is duplicated on someone else's machine, his account is not working

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@xandarar: Thanks for reaching out. It sounds like there may be a few issues here.

First, just to clarify, licenses are for the license holder (and immediate family within the same household, in the case of a family license). I'm sorry for any confusion there.

Second, a license for 1Password for Mac doesn't work on iOS, etc. The only way to get all of the apps together is with a 1Password.com membership. Otherwise the individual apps are each a separate purchase. And, in the case of the App Store, this will be for each Apple ID.

Finally, it sounds like your friend has things setup differently in each of the separate versions they've installed. The best thing to do will be to send a diagnostic report for each device so we can figure out what they've done:

Sending Diagnostics Reports

Please send it to support+forums@agilebits.com with a link to this discussion and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots', and post your Support ID here so we can confirm that we've received it.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• xandarar
    xandarar
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for getting back to us. I don't understand something you said about Membership and iOS. Has the arrangment chanaged? Does one purchase a family license for laptops, then separate licenses for the iPhones? My partner and I have 1Password on our laptops and I have it on my iPhone- v6 - with a family license. My friend purchased what I assume is a family license of 1Password v5 and installed it on his and his wife's laptops and on his iPhone and perhaps hers as well. In addition, on his laptop, is my account v6 which is what opens when he launches 1Password. His wife's version is 5. I am headed off for the weekend. Won't have time to do the diagnostic on all the devices until Monday. Will send then. Do I / can i put all the diagnostics into 1 e-mail so that one person receives them? Please advise.

• bundtkate
    edited November 2017
    Options

@xandarar: 1Password for iOS is now a "freemium" app when used with a standalone license. This means you can use the basic features for free with the option to purchase the Pro features via in-app purchase. Depending on when y'all started using 1Password, you may be grandfathered in to having the Pro features, but this is still unrelated to your Mac license. Of course, regardless of when you purchased, you'll be able to use the iOS app, it's just a question of whether or not you have the Pro features. I suspect this issue isn't a licensing issue at all, but it's best if we just take a look at diagnostics so we can get a better idea of what's causing the trouble.

As for ensuring one person sees all diagnostics reports, I've created a support ID for y'all to use so that you can send your diagnostic reports separately but make sure they still all get to the same place. Please use this code (including the square brackets) as the subject of each of your diagnostics e-mails to make sure they all hook up on our end:

[#FFE-39546-472]

To anyone else reading this: This support ID is for xandarar. If you're have a similar issue, please let us know and we'll give you your own Support ID.

No worries about needing to wait until Monday. We'll be here when you're ready. :chuffed:

• xandarar
    xandarar
    Community Member
    Options

I've sent my diagnostics and asked my friend to do the same for his devices. After we get the problem sorted out, will want to talk about the subscription options for 1Passport.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@xandarar: Thanks! I see that we've received your email. Intan has already replied, so we can continue the conversation there to help you get everything sorted out. :)

ref: FFE-39546-472

This discussion has been closed.