My master password opens my mac BUT does not work on my other apple devices or on the website.

Options
scott916
scott916
Community Member

I have not been able to login on the 1password website or my iPad/iphone, but I seem to be able to login to may MAC. I tried changing the master password ( using the MAC) but it was not allowed and had no error code to share. Help???

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:My master password opens my MAC but does not work on my other devices or the web site?

Comments

• scott916
    scott916
    Community Member
    Options

The latest software for the ma and 1password are being used.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2017
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @scott916! If you were using 1Password in the past in standalone mode, and recently opened a 1password.com account, that may be the problem. If you look in 1Password for Mac, is there a vault menu at the top-left of the main 1Password window? If so, does clicking on it reveal a vault called Primary that's outside of any 1password.com vault(s) you may have? If so, then your Master Password in 1Password for Mac remains whatever it was when you first installed 1Password, but your account's Master Password is whatever you chose when you created the account at 1password.com. That's why entering your "old" Master Password works in 1Password for Mac but not at 1password.com: these two could be the same Master Passwords...but they don't have to be. If you chose a different Master Password when you created a 1password.com account, is that what may have happened? If so, try using the Master Password you chose for your 1password.com account to sign in at 1password.com.

ref: QQI-12664-615

This discussion has been closed.