Is the switch to OPVault across all platforms yet?

wkleem
wkleem
Community Member

I suppose I am a straggler but I've heard Android isn't quite ready for OPVault. I am still on AgileKeychain.

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/79770/request-for-opvault-on-android#latest

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @wkleem : 1Password for Android does indeed support OPVault when syncing via Dropbox. I think the only limitation there is that it's not able to create a new empty OPVault yet.

So yes, OPVault is available on all platforms.

Rick

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

Thanks!

• Give it a go and let us know if you run into any issues.

Rick

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Just a quick update here: We've released a new beta of 1Password for Android with full OPVault support a few hours ago. If you're interested, sign up for the beta if you're in a hurry to use this feature. Cheers! :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited May 2018

Sign in to your Google account and opt-in to the 1Password beta
    Download 1Password from the Google Play store
    Enjoy getting the newest beta updates, and give us your feedback!

I am not in a hurry but I went to my phone to check. Cannot find the link or settings to opt in to the Beta version.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

Thanks for the link. I will visit it later.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited May 2018

I would have to uninstall or install over 1Password 6.8 then? Android and iOS allow only one version running.

• I can’t speak to Android but I do know for certain that is the case with iOS.

Ben

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

My concern is that I have 2 Android devices both with 1Password 6.8 installed. After installing 1Password 7, both will be updated to v7 and not one with 6.8 (stable) and the other with v7 (testing). Will have test it out then.

Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@wkleem: The latest beta of 1Password for Android adds full OPVault support. That will be the last nail in the coffin for AgileKeychain. Get ready! :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

I am now a tester for 1Password 7 for Android!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@wkleem: Frankly, I'm a bit surprised you weren't already. The more the merrier! :chuffed:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited May 2018

Thanks. I only got into Android with Nougat (Android 7.1) and now Oreo. iOS is my main mobile OS and I am not in Apple Test Flight.

I was a tester for the 1Paasword - Nokia Lumia Win Mobile 8.x that is now gone.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Well, if you're interested in any of the other betas, definitely checkout the signup info in the respective forum category. Have a great weekend! :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited May 2018

I am on 1Password 7 Beta on Windows, direct download. Hockey App is now unnecessary. 1Password 7 for MAC is out for me due to hardware limitations..

Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited May 2018

I can’t speak to Android but I do know for certain that is the case with iOS.
    Ben

Just confirming here, once in beta testing, all Android devices under the same beta test email get updated to the same version. If I want a stable version I will have to leave the beta test group.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Or use a different Google Account — which is pretty easy on Android these days. :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

Why didn't I think of that? :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Well, it isn't obvious. I forget about that dropdown all the time too. :lol:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited May 2018

I have an issue on iOS 10.3.3 with 1Password 6.9.x and reported in the respective forum but still unanswered by Agilebits staff. I suppose the only option now is OPVault or new/existing AgileKeyChain since Subscription has been rejected on my iPad.

I will need to set up a new OPVault.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Yeah, if you want to use 1Password 7 and higher with a local vault, it will have to be OPVault.

This discussion has been closed.