To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Cannot login through 1password website and cannot even change master password in the app (MAC)

Options
virudson
virudson
Community Member

My 1password app on my mac works fine can login and access it. but I can't login from website

I just type and copy paste Master password using on app, working fine.
But when try to reset master password on the app and it's just say error cannot change.

Then I try sign-in at website and it's say

"Cannot sign in. Your email address, Secret Key, or Master Password is incorrect."

I copy paste secret from the app (also try to type by myself and copy from emergency kit)

So what happen with my account now??

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.8.4 (684001) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.13.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• bundtkate
    edited November 2017
    Options

@virudson: If you have a standalone vault in your Mac app in addition to your 1Password account, the app may be using the Master Password for the former to unlock (which can be different from your account Master Password). When you choose 1Password menu > Switch to Vault is Primary an option you see? If so, it may be that the Master Password you've been using is for your Primary vault, not your 1Password account. That said, if that is the case what we can do is help you set up a new account with a Master Password you know and migrate all of your existing data over to this account using your Mac app so that you don't have to lose anything. Let us know what you find out and we'll talk about next steps. :+1:

ref: KGQ-44499-556

• virudson
    virudson
    Community Member
    Options

@bundtkate Thanks, for reply. I think I need to setup new account, so what is next step.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@virudson: Since Greg has already replied to you via email, let's continue the conversion there to avoid confusion. Please reply to him and we can work out the details. I'd rather you don't delete all of your data unless there is really no other option.

This discussion has been closed.