How can I control the number of recent items in Favorites? [Setting available in 7.0.1]

Options
2»

Comments

• masterzone
    masterzone
    Community Member
    Options

Quote other users, the new favourites layout is not suitable for quick access and the last items drive me crazy. :)

• Ben
    Options

Thanks, @masterzone, but please do try to avoid posting the same feedback in multiple threads. :)

Ben

• masterzone
    masterzone
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry Ben you absolutely right...delete this post and previously if needed :)

• Ben
    Options

No worries. :+1: :)

Ben

• tropsicle
    tropsicle
    Community Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

Adding my voice here: Please remove this feature, or at least make it optional. I realize everyone has a different experience, but for me, the "three most recent items at the top of the Favorites list" is simply not useful, and I find the inability to turn it off a bit user-hostile. I visit a lot of different sites throughout the day, and I've organized my Favorites list in the way that is most valuable and time-saving for me. The "three most recent items" make the list far less efficient and take up precious screen real estate. You guys make such a great product, your support crew is phenomenal, and I have literally zero other qualms; I hate to even give critical feedback, but I find this feature really bothersome. Thanks for listening and taking our feedback into consideration.

• mskopel
    mskopel
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,

I like the new Recents feature showing on the Favorites page however I would prefer that the Recents appear at the bottom of the list rather than the top.

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: ios
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• Ben
    Options

Hi folks! Just a brief update here that we do have something in the works that I think will address this concern for most if not all of you. I can’t go into too many details at this point, as it hasn’t even made it into a beta yet, but I wanted to let you know that the team has heard your comments and are actively working on an improvement. :)

Ben

• Fiona123
    Fiona123
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, please give us the option to get rid of the ‘recent’ items in favourites. You have spoilt my favourites list! I would also like the option to reorder my favourites, please. I’m not sure if you can do this already but I can’t figure out how to do it. Thank you.

• viswiz
    viswiz
    Community Member
    Options

Please add my voice for removing recent items from favourites (or making it optional) . Especially an smaller screens like the one of my iPhone SE every single line is needed.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the feedback, folks. :)

Ben

• chirpity
    chirpity
    Community Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

I am not a fan of this feature. I actually signed up on this forum just to express how much I dislike it. 1Password is actually choosing recents that are not the most recent. In fact, one of them I haven't used in over 6 months. If I wanted something in my Favorites it should be a favorite not a recent. If nothing else, at LEAST put recents at the bottom of the list, because Favorites should have complete and total priority over recents.
    I also do not like the way the Favorite expands when I click on it rather than go to the next screen. I have a small phone and I have to scroll horizontally to see the buttons or just click to go to the next screen anyway. It's not a time saving feature to have to click twice to do something.
    This change in 1Password could actually make me consider switching to Dashlane unless options are provided to tweak it to the user's liking. AgileBits should not become Apple, forcing you to do things their way all the time.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

As Ben already mentioned above, we've got some tweaks to this feature that should be available soon. ;)

• Good morning all! 1Password 7.0.1 is now available and includes a setting to tweak the number of recent items that appear in Favorites. Just tap on Settings > General.

• netguden
    netguden
    Community Member
    Options

thanks it was then the worst thing you have done in 1password lifetime O:

• Ha! Thanks @netguden. It's nice to know we've set a new bar. We appreciate the feedback!

This discussion has been closed.