bhphotovideo.com login form does not fill anymore

Login to this site always is a popup. Recently Cmd-\ stopped working. I have to copy/paste user and password

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.8.4 (684001) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:bhphotovideo.com

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Louie: It definitely looks like they've changed some things, but I did not have any trouble filling a login with 1Password there. In many cases manually saving a new login for the site will allow 1Password to save additional information from the form to fill better. Just try these steps to save the login manually:

1. Navigate to the website
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Click the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon for Settings
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage and select your new login from the extension to have 1Password Go & Fill
    8. Submit the form manually if you have autosubmit disabled

Just keep in mind that 1Password cannot fill there if there is no login form. You'll have to click to bring that up yourself. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any questions! :)

• Louie
    Louie
    Community Member

Thanks your instructions worked. Previously I tried the "update existing" option and that did not work. Apparently B&H changed the URL for the popup login form and I had to create a brand new 1Password login to capture that change.

It would be helpful if 1Password gave some kind of diagnostic message in this situation instead of simply doing nothing.

-louie

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

I just looked at the site but maybe bhphotovideo.com is rolling this out slowly because the sign-in form that I got was not on a different URL; it was just part of that regular page. Do you remember if 1Password showed your bhphotovideo.com Login when you clicked the 1Password button in your browser or did you have to go hunt it down? I'm just thinking that maybe something else was happening for you. In any case, I'm glad you got things working for you.

• Louie
    Louie
    Community Member

It found the login in 1Password but did not fill. Here is the url for the entry that did not work with the login popup.

https://secure.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=LogIn&A=logMeIn&Q=Login.jsp

Here is the URL for the new login that now works with the popup.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/find/MyAccount.jsp

-louie

• Louie
    Louie
    Community Member

Ok heres another oddity. Clicking on the first URL above (open and fill) takes me to a login page and correctly fills the fields. However, clicking on the second URL takes me to a similar page but with just a blue "LOGIN" button.

Something going on with the backend on this website as the first URL has worked for years using either method.

-louie

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @Louie,

So I can reach both pages based on what you've described. The second does load a page where you first have to click a button to display the sign-in form. Just to see what we might be looking at I created a test Login item saved on the first page and then visited the second link. With the sign-in form visible I used the keyboard shortcut to fill and everything worked as expected. It's only a quick test but it seemed to indicate that the keyboard shortcut should work for both pages.

The reason open and fill doesn't work for the second URL is because the site seems to have been designed in such a way where the form simply doesn't exist at all until you click the button. Some sites create the form and then hide it but they seem to only create it once the button is clicked. This means open and fill can't work as even once the page is loaded the fields simply don't exist yet to fill.

Still, unless the site has changed radically, I would have expected an older Login item that worked on the first link to work on the second. If you save a new Login item using the steps outlined on our page How to save a Login manually in your browser do you find a single Login item works for both pages?

• Louie
    Louie
    Community Member

Thanks for the additional feedback. The older 1Password login record (secure.bhphotovideo.com) used to work with the popup but just recently stopped filling the fields. And now only works if I use the open and fill option. It would not fill the fields in the popup even when I explicitly selected it from the 1Password list of matching logins.

The new login record was created manually and now works for the popup.

The user name and password is the same in both login records.

It seems that B&H is making changes in the background that are effecting the auto fill.

-louie

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Glad it's working for you now, Louie. Depending on the site's code, changes to the sign-in form can sometimes cause issues. We have some ideas for how to make this better and in many (Dare I say "most"?) situations, 1Password is able to sort out the most common patterns in a way that is resistant to changing code, but some sites are particularly finicky. If a Login is behaving badly, though, it's worth trying to save a new copy to see if that gets things pointed in the right direction.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

This discussion has been closed.