To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I cannot log in after updating to High Sierra

Options
CityGal
CityGal
Community Member

I updated my Mac to High Sierra as well as updating the iOS apps to the current version. I tried to sync my iPad and iPhone to my Mac 1Password, only to find I cannot log into my Mac account. and when I tried to scan the details from my iPhone I discovered that I'm being asked to log in there even though I've been using your program since 2010. The app seems to be working well enough on the iOS devices but I cannot sync, cannot sign into my account nor add it, and am unbelievably frustrated. This also started because when I recently added three new log ins on my phone they are sitting at the top of my Favorites, even though I didn't designate them as favorites, expect to rarely need them, do not want them there and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to remove them from the favorite list, or move them to the bottom or something.

I have an individual license which I've purchased from YOU since there was no App Store for Macs back in 2010. I feel like I'm caught in some sort of Catch 22. I am unbelievably frustrated.

HELP!

1Password Version: 6.8.4
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: 10.13.1
Sync Type: wifi
Referrer: forum-search:I cannot log into my account on my Mac nor on any of my iOS devices since updating to High Sierra

Comments

• CityGal
    CityGal
    Community Member
    Options

PS. I do not have a Secret Key or an Emergency Kit. I have the license doc you recently resent me.

• @CityGal: It sounds like you're attempting to add a 1Password account to your Mac app when you intend to sync a standalone vault. Are you seeing the Welcome screen (with sync options such as 1Password.com, iCloud, etc.) when you open 1Password for Mac? If so, you'll want to select the sync method you're using on iOS. Here's how you can find your sync method:

1. Open and unlock 1Password for iOS.
    2. Tap Settings > Sync > Primary.
    3. Your sync method will be displayed next to Sync Service.

Now that you know your sync method, select this on the Welcome screen on Mac and you should be able to sync up, but let us know if you have questions along the way. :+1:

I recently added three new log ins on my phone they are sitting at the top of my Favorites, even though I didn't designate them as favorites

These are your 3 most recently used items. Right now, there's no way to remove these, but the next update for the iOS app will include the option to customize how many recents appear in favorites, so hang tight for a bit and you'll be able to get rid of these if you'd like. :chuffed:

• CityGal
    CityGal
    Community Member
    Options

I'm sorry it has taken me a bit of time to get back to this. I sync via WLAN. I did a test Note on my iPhone and it did sync to my Mac. But why under Account in the Mac version does it say "Sign into Account"? And if I try to, it asks me to either scan account details or enter them in manually. I cannot answer the account questions. It asks for my Sign-In Address but I have no record of such a thing and the greyed out "sample" on it doesn't look the least familiar. I do know the email address I registered as well as the master password but I don't have a Secret Key nor an Emergency Kit. It is just my own vault. I don't share it with anyone, I merely sync among my iPad, iPhone and iMac. I guess as long as it is syncing and I can access the information I should not be concerned. But I am very confused, and I've been using this program for nearly a decade! My name does come up as licensed under the main 1 Password 6 menu.

Please clarify. And soon.

AND PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE get rid of the three most recently used items! Merely because I had to create a log in for an account I don't expect to need to use them for a LONG time and it is immensely irritating to have them at the top of my favorite list. Whose goofy bright idea was this? My favorites should be those - MINE - and at the least I should be able to reorder them and put them on the bottom of the list where I at least don't have to look at them. Please get the update out ASAP.

Thanks so much

• CityGal
    CityGal
    Community Member
    Options

And as a PS, I cannot close the Mac version. I had to Force Quit it, because I couldn't sign into my account (see above) and it wouldn't let me cancel. The only thing I could think of was to Force Quit.

Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm sorry it has taken me a bit of time to get back to this. I sync via WLAN. I did a test Note on my iPhone and it did sync to my Mac. But why under Account in the Mac version does it say "Sign into Account"?

@CityGal: Because that is the whole purpose of the Accounts preference tab: to manage accounts. If you're using only local vaults, you don't need to do anything with that. This is only needed for 1Password.com memberships.

And if I try to, it asks me to either scan account details or enter them in manually. I cannot answer the account questions. It asks for my Sign-In Address but I have no record of such a thing and the greyed out "sample" on it doesn't look the least familiar. I do know the email address I registered as well as the master password but I don't have a Secret Key nor an Emergency Kit.

Indeed. You will only have a Secret Key, Emergency Kit, Sign In Address, 1Password.com account, etc. if you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership. It sounds like you're just using the standalone apps with local vaults syncing via WLAN Server.

You may want to consider a 1Password.com membership, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can also try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits...but you don't have to if you don't want to. Otherwise you can just continue syncing your own data using the version(s) you paid for.

It is just my own vault. I don't share it with anyone, I merely sync among my iPad, iPhone and iMac. I guess as long as it is syncing and I can access the information I should not be concerned. But I am very confused, and I've been using this program for nearly a decade! My name does come up as licensed under the main 1 Password 6 menu. Please clarify. And soon.

What clarification are you looking for?

AND PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE get rid of the three most recently used items! Merely because I had to create a log in for an account I don't expect to need to use them for a LONG time and it is immensely irritating to have them at the top of my favorite list. Whose goofy bright idea was this? My favorites should be those - MINE - and at the least I should be able to reorder them and put them on the bottom of the list where I at least don't have to look at them. Please get the update out ASAP. Thanks so much

It sounds like you just need to make sure you're using the latest version of 1Password for iOS, and customize it in 1Password Settings > General.

And as a PS, I cannot close the Mac version. I had to Force Quit it, because I couldn't sign into my account (see above) and it wouldn't let me cancel. The only thing I could think of was to Force Quit. Thanks

Can you be more specific? You should be able to click Cancel or the ( x ), or press Escape to back out. Please clarify what you're seeing. If it's simpler, take a screenshot of this. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to post anything sensitive, as this is a public forum. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.