Syncing / Importing from iOS to Windows without Dropbox

Options

Hi,

I am trying to get my Vault from my iPhone to my Windows box.
I don't have Dropbox and don't plan to start using it.

I tried creating a backup on iOS and getting it to my Win box through iTunes, but the vault format seems to differ and 1Password for Win can't seem to be able to open .1p4_zip files. Is that really case?

I tried WLAN sync but failed, sync "starts" on the iPhone but the Windows status is always Idle and the Log empty.

Are there any other options / troubleshooting I can try?

Thanks.

1Password Version: 4.6.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2017
    Options

@ghiro: WLAN Server depends almost exclusively on your network environment: if you don't have things setup to allow your devices to connect directly to sync, it will not work. Follow this guide, as it will help you narrow down the problem:

If you’re having trouble using the WLAN server

However, I'd encourage you to consider the alternatives:

Dropbox will allow you to sync between devices so long as your internet connection works (no need to allow for specific ports or anything, or be on the same network); and keep in mind that your 1Password data is end-to-end encrypted, so 1Password simply doesn't depend on the sync service to protect your data.

But a 1Password.com membership includes all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. This also works in many environments where Dropbox is blocked. You can try that for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits. And that also has the added security of the Secret Key, which is also used to encrypt your data.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.