Auto fill using extension in Safari only working 50% on the time on iPhone X

cmfrazier
cmfrazier
Community Member

I’m having a lot of issues with getting 1P to auto fill my logins using the share extension. It seem very prevalent in embedded browsers too. Anyone else see this?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@cmfrazier: Make sure you update. There was an issue affecting TOTP logins which we've fixed in the latest version. If you're still having trouble, knowing the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using along with the URLs where you're having trouble will be helpful. Cheers! :)

• cmfrazier
    cmfrazier
    Community Member

@brenty Still experiencing issue after the update. I'm unable to fill on on this Apple ID sign in page:

1Password: 7.0.1
    iOS: 11.2 Beta 3
    iPhone X

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cmfrazier

I had mentioned this in the email you sent but I also wanted to follow up here.

Some websites, notably the Apple one you provided, have their login forms inside of iframes. Which we have historically not supported for security reasons on iOS. So you'll end up with logins failing in this case because we don't fill into those fields that are contained within an iframe.

The iCloud website is the same way for instance.

What we would like to do is show a message on screen when it fails for this reason but we haven't yet gotten around to doing that. But we do have an issue in our tracker here to add such a feature and hopefully we'll get to it sooner rather than later as I think it'll remove some of the confusion. Right now failed logins just fail to fill and give no feedback which is not an ideal situation so I can understand why people get the idea that it's broken. In this particular case it's not broken, it's working as expected, but we are failing to provide an explanation for that expectation in a way that our users can know so it appears broken.

This isn't to say that some of the other sites you're visiting aren't failing for different reasons though, but at least for this particular one this is expected behavior.

This discussion has been closed.