Access to iPassword on new MacBook Pro

Options
pattiedawn
pattiedawn
Community Member

I purchase iPassword several years ago and used it on an iPad, iPhone and MacBook Air. Both my MacBook and iPad were stolen during a recent move. I still have iPassword (Version 7.0) on my iPhone 7 but since I have no icon on my new MacBook Pro (using macOS Sierra, Version 10.12.6). I have no idea how to get iPassword on my computer. Suggestions - Please!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I can't get access to iPassword on new Mac - old Mac stolen. Suggestions?

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @pattiedawn! I'm so sorry to hear you were the victim of a theft like that! :( Hopefully, 1Password can help a little bit with getting you back on your feet. It's quite easy to re-install 1Password for Mac, but you do have to be a little careful about where you download it from: if you originally purchased 1Password for Mac from us (AgileBits), you'll want to head over to our downloads page and grab a copy of the latest and greatest (6.8.4 currently). If you purchased from the Mac App Store, you'll need to download from there -- just make sure you're signed in to the Mac App Store using the same Apple ID you used to buy 1Password initially, then visit the Purchased tab and install from there.

From there, you can use these instructions to get the 1Password data from your phone onto your new MacBook Pro. Let us know if you have any questions or run into any problems!

• pattiedawn
    pattiedawn
    Community Member
    Options

It has been several years, so I unfortunately do not remember whether I downloaded the app from
    Agile Bits or whether I purchased the app from the Mac App Store. Is there a way that I can find out?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@pattiedawn Indeed there is. Check your email ;)

• pattiedawn
    pattiedawn
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you SO much. I am up and running!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2017
    Options

@pattiedawn - Great to hear it! Let us know if there's anything further we can assist with. :)

ref: JMY-61683-951

This discussion has been closed.