Can’t use the app, now it’s gone

Sussi
Sussi
Community Member

Hi

Comments

• Hi @Sussi,

It looks as though your message may have been cut off, as it only says “Hi,” and doesn’t give any details about the problem you’re having. I do see from the title of your thread that 1Password seems to be missing. The most common causes of this are:

1. Accidental deletion of the app by the customer
      Reinstalling the app is the only solution here. As for restoring your data you’d need to either sign into your 1Password.com subscription membership account (if you have one), restore from a backup (which you would’ve had to have made), or set up syncing with another device that has your 1Password data on it. Unfortunately if you were not using a 1Password.com account, do not have a backup, and do not have another device to sync from... you’d need to start fresh.
    2. Enabling of parental controls
      1Password has a 17+ rating as mandated by Apple. As such parental controls must be set accordingly in order to use 1Password on a device.
    3. Accidentally moving the app into a folder
      You can use Spotlight search to try and find 1Password on your device, and if Spotlight finds it, it will tell you which folder it is in.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• Sussi
    Sussi
    Community Member

Well that was a shame. No I am sorry it didn’t answer my question. I’ll try again.
    It works now, after months.. but only on iPad
    I always opdate the apps when it’s possible. But for some time ago I couldn’t open the app. I locked down my iPhone but then I couldn’t get it bag again. The link to download the app was inactive. The funny thing is that I still can opdate the app. After opdate the link says “open” but when I try to open it, it doesn’t react. I have searched my phone for the app but it isn’t on my phone. I would very much like it on my phone. Hope you can help.
    Yours Sussi Nielsen, Denmark

• Hi @Sussi,

That sounds an awful lot like the symptoms experienced by problem #2 outlined above. Can you please double check for me that parental controls are not enabled on either device?

Use parental controls on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.