Application Crash

Options

I currently work in the IT department for a school system and am a long time 1Password user. We've recently updated our content filter "agent" that sits on our computers to authenticate our users. The newest version of the agent includes an item called "classroom orchestrator capture" that is a component that can be installed which runs at startup to allow admins to view student screens as needed.

Ever since I've updated to the "lightspeed management agent" one password will crash until I disable the classroom orchestrator capture process I mentioned above. To resolve the problem, I've disabled the process and 1password runs fine. I contacted lightspeed and they said they'd need logs to look into the issue. Are there any logs that could provide insight into what is causing the crash? After looking in event viewer I suspect that it's a .net conflict of some sort but I'm not positive.

1Password Version: 6.7.457
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB
Sync Type: my.1password.com

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi there @jbg88,

Thank you for reaching out and using 1Password! I am sorry to hear it crashes. Let's see what is going on here.

First of all, please share some logs from 1Password on your PC, so we could take a closer look at what is happening. Here is how:

1) Open Start, type %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password and press enter to bring up this folder.
    2) Open the data folder here and click View at the top of the folder window.
    3) Check File name extensions.
    4) You should see one or more files ending in .log here. Attach these to an email addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please do not post those files in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox. You should also receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Thank you very much in advance! I will be looking forward to your email.

Cheers,
    Greg

• jbg88
    jbg88
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Greg- I just sent that over. I did start the service back up to cause the application to fail so that it would be fresh at the top of the logs.

The support ID that I received in the ticket was #JEZ-74484-191

I also submitted a request via email around 12:25 am Tuesday. That ticket was submitted before I'd worked out the cause of the crash. That support ID was VFP-81326-574

• jbg88
    jbg88
    Community Member
    Options

I also created a short video showing what im seeing. It's here: https://www.screencast.com/t/YFG1ZGuCZ

• @jbg88: Thanks for the logs and the screen capture. There are definitely .NET issues we've run into specifically with certain third-party inputs causing a crash of Windows' graphical subsystems, so it's not a bad guess when screen-sharing software is involved. Still, we'll take a peek and get back to you via e-mail with our findings. Thanks again! :chuffed:

ref: JEZ-74484-191

This discussion has been closed.