To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Can't find secret key and can't add app to iPhone or iPad

Options

I had been using a free version of 1Password that my computer guy installed on my computer a few years ago. It had expired and I wasn't able to add new items. I purchased a licence of 1Password but am now not able to log into it on my iPhone or iPad as I don't have the Secret Key. What does the key look like as I don't think I ever received it (looking at different chats on this site what I see I never received). I have received a licence agreement with a long code but when I type that in it's not the secret key. I admit that I am not a tech savvy person. The 1PW icon has disappeared from my iPhone screen (after an update). When I open the app it prompts me to enter my Mastercode. I then need to Add Existing Account to sign in. The problem is I don't know my Sign-In address nor my Secret Code. I have the same problem on my iPad. Thank you :)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Can't log in, don't have secret key, don't understand

Comments

• @CaitlinMiller: A Secret Key is only for 1Password.com monthly or annual subscription accounts (for individual, Families, or Teams 1Password accounts). If you don't have one of those, you just need to select the sync option you use on your computer (iCloud, Dropbox, or WLAN Server for wifi syncing) to sync up with your computer's vault.

If you haven't set up syncing on your computer yet, you'll need to do that first so that your iPhone will have data to grab.  You can find information about setting up sync here:

Dropbox

iCloud (this will only work if your computer is a Mac -- you'll need to use Dropbox for a PC).

Once you've set up sync, you can select that sync method on the Welcome screen on your iPhone to sync up with your computer's vault. :+1:

Of course, if you have questions along the way, feel free to ask. We're happy to help. :chuffed:

• CaitlinMiller
    CaitlinMiller
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you very much :)

• Ben
    Options

On behalf of Kate you’re very welcome. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.