To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Want to keep standalone vaults while trying subscription

I am using 1Password 6.8.4, sync-ing between two Macs and an iPhone through Dropbox. I want to try the subscription version so I can have web access to my vault, and so I can store some PDFs and JPEGS as 1Password Documents. I'm 99% sure the new way will work, but I'd like to preserve my old known-to-work vaults until I'm sure. Is there a way to do that?

1Password Version: 6.8.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS 10.12.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2017

@Nemo1Password: Yep! When you migrate your data, you'll be asked if you want to remove the Primary (local) vault. I'd still recommend saying "yes" there if you have your current vaults in Dropbox anyway, but it's your call. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Nemo1Password
    Nemo1Password
    Community Member

Thanks. I think I see what you mean ... use Dropbox's Restore File feature if I need it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Nemo1Password: Actually, it's even a little bit easier than that: 1Password will remove the vault from the app if you tell it to, but the sync'd copy of the vault will remain in Dropbox (so, no need to restore it there) and 1Password also has database backups in which it will be present (unless you delete those). Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.