Chrome 62, autofill prompt is displayed over 1password dialog

Using Chrome 62 and latest Chrome extension, I've noticed Chrome's autofill feature is overlayed on top of 1password dialog in the text field.

Not sure if anything can be done about the overlay order, but at least maybe move the 1password dialog down a bit, so that it is still visible behind the overlay?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @hydraSlav,

I'm afraid it is unlikely 1Password will alter to try and accommodate Chrome in this respect. We don't recommend using a browser's autofill (if available) because multiple sources of data rarely works out and typically causes confusion. With Chrome we've also seen their dialogs generate this weird interaction where afterwards Chrome requires you double click on everything for it to interpret a single click. While we've seen this with our extension one of the initial reports managed to easily replicate this in a test case with a page indicating the issue is in Chrome. Between those and then potentially needing to factor in things like the Chrome window size and location... it could become moderately complicated as we try to account for a scenario we recommend a user avoids anyway.

It may be a future redesign helps mitigate this as a fortunate side-effect but even then we still wouldn't recommend keeping the browser autofill enabled in parallel with 1Password. We would consider this very much as a at your discretion decision. I do apologise, the desire isn't to appear negative but there are certain areas where it is unlikely we will dedicate the resources required. We also don't like to ever say something is final though so even times we've said no are open to discussion and debate.

• hydraSlav
    hydraSlav
    Community Member

@littlebobbytables makes sense, thanks for the explanation

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Glad that helped! We're here if you need anything else. :)

• hydraSlav
    hydraSlav
    Community Member

We're here if you need anything else

@brenty Aren't tired of me yet? :p

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@hydraSlav: Nope! ;)

This discussion has been closed.