To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How do I convert family account to individual account?

TXNSue
TXNSue
Community Member

I signed up via trial for family account, but decided that individual account is what I need. I would like to either 1) convert family account to individual account or 2) cancel family account and then start from scratch signing up for individual account. Desired outcome--to have only one account which is an individual account.

1Password Version: 6.8.2
Extension Version: 4.6.11
OS Version: OSsierra10.12.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:how do i convert family account to a single account?

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Hey there @TXNSue :)
    Did you sign up for the trial through the App Store or through the AgileBits website? If you did it through the AgileBits website, sign in to your account through your web browser and click the Settings tab on the sidebar on the right. On the page it brings you to, there will be a section called "Account Type" at the bottom, with a button to convert the account to an individual account.

If you did it through the App Store, you will have to wait for an AgileBits team member to come to assist you.

Cheers. :)
    Corey

• @TXNSue: To add to @Corey_C's excellent instructions, you can do the same if you subscribed through the App Store. You'll just need to take the additional step of canceling your 1Password subscription and letting us know you've canceled first. This way, we can update our records allowing you to change your account type. To cancel a 1Password.com subscription made through the App Store, either go to https://buy.itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZFinance.woa/wa/manageSubscriptions or go to “iTunes & App Stores > Apple ID > View Apple ID > Subscriptions > 1Password” in the Settings app on an iOS device and cancel the subscription. Let us know when that's been done and we'll update things on our end so you can switch to an individual account and resubscribe. :+1:

• k8user
    k8user
    Community Member

I'm trying to convert my family account to an individual account since only one family member joined the family.
    I went to Settings/Account type as instructed above.
    The next step is to remove my one family member - however, this is not an option. I can "Suspend" her but not "Remove" or "Delete" her. Is "Suspend" what I'm looking for?

Second question - I have 4 months left on the annual family plan. Is the $4.99 for each of those 4 months applied to a $2.99 individual account? Or what?

Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I'm trying to convert my family account to an individual account since only one family member joined the family. I went to Settings/Account type as instructed above. The next step is to remove my one family member - however, this is not an option. I can "Suspend" her but not "Remove" or "Delete" her. Is "Suspend" what I'm looking for?

@k8user: You will need to Suspend first before you can Delete. Just be aware that when you delete the account, any data stored there will be gone. Only do that if you're certain they have nothing there, or have already exported.

Second question - I have 4 months left on the annual family plan. Is the $4.99 for each of those 4 months applied to a $2.99 individual account? Or what? Thanks.

I'm not sure I follow. If you're paying monthly, it isn't paid 4 months in advance. If you have paid annually, it will be prorated and the balance will be applied to your next invoice. Does that help?

This discussion has been closed.