Changing the shortcut key? Bad idea...

We all know and have engrained in habit the CMD/CTRL + \ with 1Password. I'm not sure why you changed this to 3 keys C + S + X when we all know and love our C + . I highly recommend rethinking this unless there is some reason for this change. It's worked for years, it's what we know, I'll have to hunt down how to change this now as I want to stick with what I've always used.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• neal007
    neal007
    Community Member

I tried to change it back to C + \ and could not in the Chrome extensions area.

• Mitch
    edited November 2017

Hi @neal007,

I think you just discovered why: Chrome won't let us. :blush:

We're looking into alternative ways of supporting Ctrl-Backslash for filling, but we're likely going to stick with Ctrl-Shift-X for opening and closing the pop-up.

Also keep in mind that 1Password X works a bit differently when it comes to filling: in any focused field, all you need to do is press down and Enter to fill your first login.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I want to chime in and say that I've been championing support for the "classic" Command-Backslash keyboard shortcut, but I've started to come around to the new way that 1Password X works. Command-Backslash makes a lot more sense in the extension where the inline menu doesn't appear on fields where you need it. In 1Password X, just press Down Arrow then Return. It's different, but I find it almost more convenient now that I've had a chance to get used to.

Oh, and Command-Backslash should open and close the inline menu in the field that has focus. I was having some trouble with it and discovered that it doesn't work when 1Password for Mac is running. I've filed an issue to resolve that in a future update, but I'm not sure if that applies in your situation or not. If it does, try quitting the 1Password for Mac app. Then Command-Backslash should provide the same functionality as clicking the 1Password icon in the form field that currently has focus.

ref: B5X-167

This discussion has been closed.