Keyboard shortcut not filling

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Keyboard shortcut doesn't work consistently anymore.

Comments

• Dasia
    Dasia
    Community Member
    Options

Has their been a resolution to this?

I'm having the same issues and Ctrl \ no longer automatically fills in the user and password details. I'm using 6.7.457.

Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Dasia: This discussion is about 1Password 4. It sounds like you're using 1Password 6, which is a completely different app. Can you be more specific about the issue you're having? Also, please let us know the OS, browser, and extension versions you're using, as well as some example URLs where you're having trouble. The more details you can provide, the better. Thanks in advance! :)

• Dasia
    Dasia
    Community Member
    Options

Oops. But it's still 1Password!

Yes, I changed to the subscription version, and then upgraded to the family subscription. I am using 6.7.457 and the keyboard shortcut does not work on either Firefox or Chrome (both the up to date versions) on a Lenovo PC running W10Pro. The 1Password extension is 4.6.12.90 on both browsers.

Crtl Backslash doesn't work. It was my preferred method for filling as it was so quick. Many thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Dasia: Thanks for confirming. I've split you off into a new discussion so we can focus on your issue. There is a known issue for some users in 1Password 4 which sounds similar, but 1Password 6 is a brand new app so this will be something different. Thanks for your patience!

When you say the keyboard shortcut "does not work", can you tell me what is happening, and if you are able to fill using the mouse instead? Have you tried setting a different keyboard shortcut and restarting 1Password? It may be that another app is intercepting those keystrokes. Let me know what you find!

This discussion has been closed.