Greatest thing since sliced bread

Options
Troneas
Troneas
Community Member
edited November 2017 in 1Password in the Browser

this update to 1password x is the bomb!

i found out by accident about 1password x from the google assistant feed. you guys should definitely send an email update!

when should we expect this on android? and firefox?

keep up the good work!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Haha! That's awesome, @Troneas. I haven't tried slapping some cold cuts and veggies between two copies of 1Password X, but I'll take your word for it. :lol:

We try not to abuse our email relationship with our customers, so we only send a small number of emails to people who have opted in to receive them. I have a hunch 1Password X will be included in the next one we send out. :) In the meantime, we did write a blog post about it:

1Password X: A look at the future of 1Password in the browser

We still have a few more things to iron out in Chrome, but we're excited to add support for Firefox in the future. I'm not sure how 1Password X fits in with the capabilities Android provides to developers, but in the meantime, we have some other great filling options there:

Use 1Password to fill and save in apps on your Android device

And in all seriousness, everyone here really appreciates your kind words and support. I've shared them with the rest of the team. Have a great weekend! :chuffed:

• Cartman
    Cartman
    Community Member
    Options

I agree. 1Password X is truly impressive and such a step up from the prior version that it almost makes password management fun. ;)

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks, @Cartman! That really means a lot; I especially like the "make password management fun" part! :tongue:

We've definitely had our fair share of fun working on it, and fortunately, there's plenty more to be had! :)

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• Mr. Laser Beam
    Mr. Laser Beam
    Community Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

I agree that 1Password X is an excellent idea and I can't wait till Firefox supports it. ;)

That said, I also hope the standalone 1P app will continue to exist and be supported. I hope 1P X isn't intended to replace that app, because there are times I need to deal with my 1P data that simply don't involve the Web at all. I don't know how I'd get that done if I had to do everything within the browser.

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Mr. Laser Beam: 1Password X wasn't built to replace any 1Password standalone applications. Development is steaming ahead on each of them! :)

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.