To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How does AgileBits insert Starter Kit records into 1Password.com vault?

Options
william9
william9
Community Member

I started using 1Password.com account a few days ago. So far I love it. The family sharing functionality by itself makes it worthwhile. I’m trusting that the security is impenetrable.
However, I was surprised to find that you had inserted 3 records in my vault tagged “Starter Kit”. I know the entries are designed to be helpful because they contain my 1Password.com encryption keys, etc, Have other users been surprised that something had been added — or is it just me? Did you have to break the encryption to add those records and tag to my vault?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: 1Password.com account

Comments

• Hey @william9! Great question. Those three items are created when you create your account, since 1Password doesn't know your Secret Key or Master Password and can only derive them from the info you add to the app. Once you sign in, it uses what you've entered in the fields during signup to create three items:

1. Login item (on individual accounts only) – Contains the account Username, Password, Sign-in address, and Secret Key.
    2. Identity item – Contains the first name, last name, and email address used during account signup.
    3. Secure note – Contains some helpful links to our support resources and a friendly welcome note.

I recommend keeping them around so you have your Master Password if you're only able to unlock 1Password with your fingerprint on one of your devices at some point in the future. However, if you don't want them, you're welcome to move them to the Trash.

Hope this helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.