No touch ID on iPhone

Options
Andy42
Andy42
Community Member

I have an iPhone 6S running iOS 10.3.3. Even though touch ID is enabled in Settings>Security and I have touch ID configured for the iPhone, I am never given the option to use touch ID to unlock 1Password. When I launch 1Password, my only option is to type my password. Is there some way to make this work?

1Password Version: 6.9.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.3.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Andy42: Are you seeing the "fingerprint" icon along with the Master Password field? If so, you can tap that to use Touch ID. If you're not seeing that though, iOS is telling 1Password that Touch ID is not available. In that case, you may need to disable Touch ID completely and set it up again to hopefully allow iOS to offer Touch ID when 1Password asks it for biometrics. Let me know how it turns out!

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Options

@Andy42 Is Touch ID working on the "rest" of the iPhone, i.e. when you are purchasing something from the App Store or when you go to "Settings - Accounts & Passwords - App & Website Passwords"? Does it ask you for Touch ID authentication and does that work?

• Andy42
    Andy42
    Community Member
    Options

Update: It's working now, but I'm not sure why it wasn't working before. I didn't even know there was a touch ID option in 1Password until I got an iPad earlier this year and saw that it had that option. Yesterday, I finally decided to look into whether that option was available on the iPhone and saw that there was a setting under Security. When I looked in my settings, that option was enabled, but I wasn't seeing the touch ID option when opening the app. I tried disabling it and re-enabling it a couple of times and still wasn't seeing the touch ID prompt. I even killed and restarted the app, but that didn't help either. Then I tried again and the app allowed me to use touch ID. Bottom line, I'm not sure what happened, but now it works. Thanks for the suggestions.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @Andy42. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.