iPhone X and 1Browser

btaroli
btaroli
Community Member

As long as 1Browser is still a thing, there’s a small issue. If you tab the tab button to dismiss/close a tab, the (X) Button overlaps with the notch, making it best impossible to tap it. My crude rendition below, since screen captures sadly fill the notch area in with the background color (making reporting these sorts of problems more difficult).

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@btaroli: Thanks for mentioning it! I tend to mostly use 1Browser as a one-off, but you're right that if you have only a single tab open there and want to manually close that it can be difficult. Fortunately you can always press Done in the upper right when viewing a webpage to dismiss 1Browser without having to manually close all the tabs. Cheers! :)

• btaroli
    btaroli
    Community Member

Also it seems to help rotating the phone.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah, good call! I always forget to try that. I am so used to using my iPhone in portrait and iPad in landscape. I am a creature of habit! :lol:

• Dan Ortego
    Dan Ortego
    Community Member
    edited November 2017

Even though I use it, I know very little about the value of 1Browser vs. Safari, etc. I experience frequent issues with it when accessing several websites from my iPhone X.

Sidebar: Been a 1P user since the very beginning, but have NOT been all that impressed with the iPhone/iPad version of 1P. In my opinion, the structure and navigation options are somewhat convoluted and disjointed. It would great if it were more 'similar' to the desktop version.

• @Dan Ortego

Safari is better in almost every way. The only reason 1Browser still exists is that we can do "Go & Fill" with it. What that means is if you tap on the website field of an item 1Browser should open and also fill your credentials for that site with just that one tap. With Safari we can't do the filling portion of that. We could have tapping on the website field open the website in Safari, but then you'd have to do the extra steps of activating the 1Password extension within Safari to fill your credentials.

Some folks still find the Go & Fill function handy. Otherwise 1Browser would likely be long gone. :tongue:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.