Can't see what I write in a note in "Others", using + to create the note

lucvallee007
lucvallee007
Community Member

I created a note, using + in the file "Others" in the App.
However, when I go in the note, I can't see what I am typing.
Typing blind like this makes it very difficult and impossible to subsequently modify the note

1Password Version: 6.2.2 downloaded on my ipad
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Itunes
Referrer: forum-search:I can see what I write when I create a note a note in "Others"

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@lucvallee007: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! I'm not seeing anything like what you're describing here...but then again you seem to be using a very old version. 6.2.2 was released nearly two years ago. Which version of iOS are you running on the iPad?

• lucvallee007
    lucvallee007
    Community Member

I have downloaded the latest app a few moths ago and just upgraded to the latest version on my iPad which also runs on the latest iOS. The old app (which I used until then) no longer works on the the new iOS.
    My problem: After you open the apps, you have 5 options at the bottom. One of them is "Others". Click on it, then click on "+" in the right top corner to get to the choice of templates. Choose "notes", the 8th item on the list. Then try typing a text in there and you'll see that you are typing blind. I have a very long text in there (legacy of the transfer from the old app where this feature worked quite well) but I can't modify it with new and updated info.

Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@lucvallee007: Let me revise my question then: Which versions of 1Password and iOS are you running? :dizzy:

• It sounds like you may be using an app other than 1Password. 1Password does not have an “Others” option at the bottom of the screen. We also don’t have a “Notes” template... only “Secure Notes.”

Is it possible you’re using something other than 1Password?

This is what 1Password looks like on an iPad:

Ben

• lucvallee007
    lucvallee007
    Community Member

I have iOS 11 on my ipad. As for the version of iPassword I can't really say for sure but it's the latest available updated this week.
    Now I wish I could send you a picture of what the app looks like because it seems that I have two apps (even three if you count the old and new versions of ipassword that I have). They are all called ipassword.
    They look very similar but I think that I am referring to an app that may or may not be yours.
    I have an ipassword 7 on my ipad but it is not populated with my data from my other new ipassword app. I eould transfer the data from one app to the other but have no idea how.

• @lucvallee007

Our app is 1Password (one password), not ipassword. It is possible that there is another app using the name ipassword (eye - password).

If the app is actually 1Password the version information will be on the Settings screen within the app just above the advanced settings:

Ben

• lucvallee007
    lucvallee007
    Community Member

You've solve the enigma. I have both 1password and ipassword on my ipad and my problem is with ipassword.
    The confusion arises also because your logos are quasi identical. Thanks

• Thanks for the update. If we can be of further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.