Lost iPhone and no access to my Mac - Now how would I get to my passwords? (Just in case)

Options
iCoco
iCoco
Community Member

I have installed 1Password on iPhone and iMac. As I am traveling quite a lot, it came to my mind to ask this question. I wonder, how I would get to my passwords in case I'd lose my iPhone and had no access to my Mac being abroad in a foreign country?

1Password Version: 6.8.4
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: macOS 10.13.1
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:lost iPhone and no access to my mac, now how do i fit to my passwords?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@iCoco: Oh don't do that. I thought this had actually happed to you! :tongue:

With your current setup, you'd be in a bit of a tight spot until you got a new device, installed the app, signed into Dropbox (hopefully you have your credentials), and setup your existing vault.

However, you may want to consider a 1Password.com membership, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits.

So, using that, you'd only need to have your account credentials and you could access your data in a pinch — though I still wouldn't recommend doing so from an untrusted computer. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• iCoco
    iCoco
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty Thank you very much for your quick reply. 1Password.com membership - is this the same as 1Password "accounts"? (I guess what I have is a paid standalone license?)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@iCoco: You're welcome! Yep! When you sign up for a 1Password.com membership, you'll have an account which you use to sign into the apps. That takes care of the whole setup: 1Password knows you paid for it, and where to send and receive your data so it can be accessible on all of your devices. :)

This discussion has been closed.