Can't see what I write in a note in "Others", using + to create the note

Options
lucvallee007
lucvallee007
Community Member

I created a note, using + in the file "Others" in the App.
However, when I go in the note, I can't see what I am typing.
Typing blind like this makes it very difficult and impossible to subsequently modify the note

1Password Version: 6.2.2 downloaded on my ipad
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Itunes
Referrer: forum-search:I can see what I write when I create a note a note in "Others"

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lucvallee007: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! I'm not seeing anything like what you're describing here...but then again you seem to be using a very old version. 6.2.2 was released nearly two years ago. Which version of iOS are you running on the iPad?

• lucvallee007
    lucvallee007
    Community Member
    Options

I have downloaded the latest app a few moths ago and just upgraded to the latest version on my iPad which also runs on the latest iOS. The old app (which I used until then) no longer works on the the new iOS.
    My problem: After you open the apps, you have 5 options at the bottom. One of them is "Others". Click on it, then click on "+" in the right top corner to get to the choice of templates. Choose "notes", the 8th item on the list. Then try typing a text in there and you'll see that you are typing blind. I have a very long text in there (legacy of the transfer from the old app where this feature worked quite well) but I can't modify it with new and updated info.

Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lucvallee007: Let me revise my question then: Which versions of 1Password and iOS are you running? :dizzy:

• Ben
    Options

It sounds like you may be using an app other than 1Password. 1Password does not have an “Others” option at the bottom of the screen. We also don’t have a “Notes” template... only “Secure Notes.”

Is it possible you’re using something other than 1Password?

This is what 1Password looks like on an iPad:

Ben

• lucvallee007
    lucvallee007
    Community Member
    Options

I have iOS 11 on my ipad. As for the version of iPassword I can't really say for sure but it's the latest available updated this week.
    Now I wish I could send you a picture of what the app looks like because it seems that I have two apps (even three if you count the old and new versions of ipassword that I have). They are all called ipassword.
    They look very similar but I think that I am referring to an app that may or may not be yours.
    I have an ipassword 7 on my ipad but it is not populated with my data from my other new ipassword app. I eould transfer the data from one app to the other but have no idea how.

• Ben
    Options

@lucvallee007

Our app is 1Password (one password), not ipassword. It is possible that there is another app using the name ipassword (eye - password).

If the app is actually 1Password the version information will be on the Settings screen within the app just above the advanced settings:

Ben

• lucvallee007
    lucvallee007
    Community Member
    Options

You've solve the enigma. I have both 1password and ipassword on my ipad and my problem is with ipassword.
    The confusion arises also because your logos are quasi identical. Thanks

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update. If we can be of further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.