Vault Rename?

Options
danshumaker
danshumaker
Community Member

Any news on the Vault Rename feature? It appears most of the discussions have been closed.

My wife said my passwords were not on her phone and I said "What no way, I thought I set that up". So I went to her phone , realized she didn't have the pro app. Bought that. Then went and added my dropbox synced vault to her phone and was not able to scroll down to the textedit field that allows you to rename the vault (see attached image).
vaultrenamepotential

See that "Vault Name" title in the screenshot. It looks like I should be able to scroll swipe down but was not able to. It partly looks like I should be able to get rid of the keyboard and then type in it but was not able to.

So as a result she now has two synced vaults but not with very helpful names (Primary and 1Password - no mention of our names). This is despite the fact that the mac folder packages do indeed have our names in them dan.1pw and toni.1pw.

From the looks of it, the Desktop app is closer to having vault renaming because I was able to follow Drew_AG and get the Desktop apps vaults renamed better, although unable to rename the Primary vault.

Is the intent to have vault renaming only be available for subscriptions: https://1password.com/families/#keeping-it-personal ?

Many thanks! 1Password is the best!

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.8.4 (684001) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90 (Chrome)
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @danshumaker

It appears you're still using 1Password 6 for iOS (based on the fact that you're on iOS 10, and 1Password 7 requires iOS 11). Unfortunately we can no longer update 1Password 6. If this issue still exists in 1Password 7 for iOS I can file a bug against it. Please let us know.

Ben

• danshumaker
    danshumaker
    Community Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

Hi Ben,
    Sorry my bad, I thought when they asked for 1Password version they meant the desktop version. Desktop is version 6, iOs version is 7.0.3, and that's what the screenshot is from. iOs 11.1.2. OS version 10.12.6.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2017
    Options

@danshumaker: Thanks for clarifying! I'm not seeing that here, so I wonder if it's device specific. Where did you take that screenshot?

ref: OPI-3514

• danshumaker
    danshumaker
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty It's from the create vault procedures.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Which type of iPhone, @danshumaker? What you've reported is a known issue on devices with 4" displays and we've got a bug filed for that.

• danshumaker
    danshumaker
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @sjk , yes it's a SE version, smaller screen. Good to know that it's known.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the information, @danshumaker. :+1: :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.