Can I have 1Password running on an iPhone without...

Irwin
Irwin
Community Member

Can I have 1Password running on an iPhone without my current OS X vault passing through (or being saved) a server ?

Also, Can I be selective about which 1Password logins, passwords, etc would be available on the iPhone ?

My iOS is ver 10.3.3

1Password Version: 6.8.3 (683004) Mac App Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:server

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Can I have 1Password running on an iPhone without my current OS X vault passing through (or being saved) a server ?

@Irwin: Yep! Choose the "standalone vault" option. :)

Just keep in mind that your 1Password data is end-to-end encrypted, so 1Password simply doesn't depend on the sync service to protect your data. So you don't actually have to give up the convince of having your data available on all of your devices to keep things secure. As is rarely the case, you can have it both ways. ;)

Also, Can I be selective about which 1Password logins, passwords, etc would be available on the iPhone ? My iOS is ver 10.3.3

No. 1Password uses vaults for syncing, not individual items. Each vault includes all of the data contained within:

1Password sync options

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Irwin
    Irwin
    Community Member

That's great to hear ! Can I have two vaults open at the same time in OS X ?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Irwin: Yep! The All Vaults feature lets you see, well...all of your vaults at once if you want to:

Use All Vaults to see all your items at once

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.