Default vault in IOS safari extension

enstorms
enstorms
Community Member

On iPad at login screen for a website in Safari, 1Password always opens the personal vault. The login is in a different vault. Have set 1Password to always open to my own vault instead of Personal. Does this not carry over into the Safari 1Password extension?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @enstorms

If you use the vault switcher in the upper left hand corner of the 1Password extension in Safari to switch to All Vaults then is that setting remembered on subsequent uses?

Please let us know.

Ben

• enstorms
    enstorms
    Community Member

No it isn't. I change to the one I want to be default and see the login info I'm looking for. Then turn right around to select another login and it's back to the Personal vault.

• But specifically if you select All Vaults, is that remembered?

Ben

• enstorms
    enstorms
    Community Member

At login page when I first pull up 1Password, it's in the Personal vault. Change to All Vaults select the login data. Close browser, come back in (using same website), pull up 1P and it's back on Personal.

• enstorms
    enstorms
    Community Member

On the login page, I select 1P, change vault to All Vaults, select proper login. Then repeat this and 1P always presents vaults with Personal selected.

• Thanks, @enstorms. That is indeed odd, and I’m not able to get my installation of 1Password to do as you’re describing. For me it always opens to All Vaults. Could you please try setting 1Password > Settings > Vaults > Always Open To to All Vaults?

Please let me know how that turns out.

Ben

• enstorms
    enstorms
    Community Member

Really apologize Ben. Was misreading the screen. That fixed it. Appreciate all your help.

• No worries! Glad to hear that resolved the problem for you. If we can be of further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Ben

• dhsterling
    dhsterling
    Community Member

Just changed from Standalone to Subscription and my browser extensions always default to my old Standalone vault. How can I make my extensions default to my new Subscriptions personal vault

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2017

@dhsterling: If you're planning to use a 1Password.com account going forward and you already have all of your data there, it would be best to get rid of the standalone vault to avoid confusion. After all, it is not part of your account.

if you'd like to do that, first make sure that you're able to sign into your account on 1Password.com in your web browser and access all of your data there:

https://start.1password.com/vaults/all

Then you can remove the standalone vault by going to 1Password for iOS Settings > Vaults > Primary > Delete Vault.

Otherwise, you can hide the Primary vault (and any others) from All Vaults under Settings > Vaults > All Vaults.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

ref: NEE-69551-535

• dhsterling
    dhsterling
    Community Member

Changing from "Standalone" to "Subscription" (or whatever you call them) is ridiculously confusing and complicated. On the Mac browser extensions and Mac 1Password app it kept defaulting to my old Standalone vault. To delete the original Standalone vault I finally figured out Preferences > Advanced > uncheck Local Vaults > enter master password. Please confirm this is how to delete the old vault?? I don't know how you expected me to figure this out easily? Sure isn't easily obvious.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited November 2017

Hi @dhsterling,

Did you follow this guide?

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

If so the last step in the data migration portion of the guide explains how you can remove your old vault:

To remove your old Primary vault, choose 1Password menu > Switch to Vault > Primary. Then choose 1Password menu > Delete Vault.

The steps you’ve listed will also work.

Thanks.

Ben

• dhsterling
    dhsterling
    Community Member

Other comments / suggestions: 1Password should have offered Standalone users 1 year free subscription and simply told everyone Standalone will be phased out. From an end-user standpoint, the distinction between Standalone vs Subscription isn't very clear. It appears AB is shifting to a new subscription based business model while at the same time trying to avoid alienating Subscription users, but from my perspective your pissing us off by making it so confusing!! I'm now considering switching to Dashlane and cancelling 1Password I'm so annoyed. You should also have LiveChat for the migration because it's extra annoying waiting hours for responses on these forums or email. Lastly ... I hope 1Password 7 will be a quantum leap improvement, because compared to Dashlane and Lastpass version 6 seems pretty clunky and old school at this point. Hate to sound so critical, but I've wasted 2-3 hours trying to figure all this stuff out!

• dhsterling
    dhsterling
    Community Member

HI Ben,
    I assume you're describing opening the 1Password 6 app on Mac and could not find "Delete Vault" on any menu. But I Googled "delete vault" and found the "advanced > uncheck local vault, and that seemed to delete the Standalone vault. Did I do it wrong? Please explain where "delete vault" menu item is located?

• Thanks for the feedback. If we had the resources to provide real-time support then that would be the level of service we’d be able to provide here and via email. The difficulty is that we simply don’t have the resources to do that. In addition, we’re not working off a script here. Many questions require some research to answer appropriately, and as such real-time support just isn’t feasible. Sometimes we have to test the situation that you’re running into in order to see it for ourselves (or not, as the case may be).

But I Googled "delete vault" and found the "advanced > uncheck local vault, and that seemed to delete the Standalone vault. Did I do it wrong?

The method you used accomplishes the same thing. But to reiterate the point our guide on accomplishing what you set out to accomplish does explain how to do this. Did you have trouble finding that guide?

Ben

This discussion has been closed.