To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Not Syncing Across Devices [conversation moved to email]

mhosborn
mhosborn
Community Member
edited November 2017 in Memberships

I'm hoping someone here can help. I'm using the non-subscription 1Password applications on my Mac, iPad, and iPhone. I've noticed this for some time now, but must admit to not "getting around" to asking this question.

On my Mac and iPad, I've checked the settings and both are set to sync to iCloud. But for some reason, my iPad has logins that don't show up on my Mac...and vice versa.

So I guess I have three questions:

1. Why aren't my logins synchronizing across my devices?
  2. If I elect to subscribe (will do so if I can get sync fixed) how can I ensure that ALL my logins from ALL my devices get synced?
  3. If there was a way to print out all my logins from my iPad, I'd be OK with manually reentering everything on my Mac...is this even possible?

Help is greatly appreciated!

1Password Version: 6.8.4
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: OS X 10.13.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited November 2017

Hi @mhosborn

Thanks for taking the time to write in. Please check out this guide on troubleshooting issues syncing with iCloud:

If you're having trouble syncing with iCloud

One of the primary reasons we built 1Password.com was to be able to provide a more reliable and robust sync experience, so I’d definitely recommend checking that out.

You could, in theory, print each item from your iPad and manually enter it on the Mac... but that seems rather bothersome. Wouldn’t it be easier to just look at the items on the iPad, rather than on paper, if you need to do something like that? The vast majority of our customers have gone paperless, so we do not currently have plans to improve printing support.

I hope that helps! Thanks!

Ben

ref: LIW-29333-465

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hello again, @mhosborn.

I see you've also contacted us through email, including some diagnostics reports, and have a conversation going with Megan. We'll continue it there and close this discussion so we're not getting support wires crossed between both places. :)

Enjoy your weekend!

This discussion has been closed.