Problem adding a file to a credit card record

Options
vfade
vfade
Community Member

My father-in-law has 1Password for Families and is trying to upload an image (taken on an iOS device running iOS 11 (his iPhone 8s and iPad Pro 10.5)) of his credit card to a "credit card" record type. After selecting the image and pressing "Done", we can see the attached file, but it is listed as "(deleted item)" and is unavailable. We are able to upload the same image in a different type, for example a note record and access it.

1Password Version: v7.0.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.1.2
Sync Type: 1Password for Families
Referrer: forum-search:Problem adding a file to a credit card record

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@vfade: Thanks for getting in touch! I'm not having any issue adding a linked file as a Document to a Credit Card item here. Can you verify that it isn't there afterward? There are two things that can happen:

1. It takes some time for it to upload, and it cannot be displayed correctly until that is complete.
    2. There is a connection problem and the upload fails, resulting in a "(deleted item)" being linked.

Are you seeing the same issue on all devices, not just his? How about Wi-Fi versus cellular? It really sounds like a bad connection is preventing it from being uploaded successfully. Let me know what you find!

• vfade
    vfade
    Community Member
    Options

I am seeing this on both our devices... iPads and iPhones. We have checked back after having added an attachment days ago. I have also tried on multiple wireless networks, as well as LTE.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@vfade: Thanks for letting me know. I'm sorry to hear that! If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to restart your device, setup logging*, reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

*In 1Password Settings > Advanced > Diagnostics > Log Settings, enable App, Crypto, Database, SQLite, and Sync.

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@agilebits.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#EGD-99664-246]

If you’re reading this and you are not vfade, this Support ID is for vfade only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. Let me know once you've sent it. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: EGD-99664-246

This discussion has been closed.