How can I manually transfer 1P 6 vault to new Mac using only finder? (apps can't run on old mac)

Options
bbplath
bbplath
Community Member

I recently experienced an issue with my 4 year old mac that has pretty much stopped any application from running on the mac with the exception of Chrome and Finder. I'm working on correcting it but have another mac that I'm transferring data to that I can use in the interim.

I need to transfer my vault manually via finder and can't find an article on how to do so for the version I have.

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11
Sync Type: Local
Referrer: forum-search:1password 6 mac manual backup

Comments

• Hi @bbplath,

Sorry to hear about your Mac issues. Let's try to get you sorted out.

1Password for Mac automatically creates backups of your local vaults. The location of these backups will depend on whether you're using the Mac App Store version of the app, or the AgileBits Store version of the app.

For the Mac App Store version, they'd be at:
    ~/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/Data/Library/Backups

For the AgileBits Store version, they'd be at:
    ~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4/Backups

The backups are named based on the date it was created, so you should be able to find the most recent.

You can then restore this backup with a new version of 1Password on another device.

Let us know how this goes.

Rick

• bbplath
    bbplath
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Rick - this worked. I apologize, I had actually read this in other posts but disregarded it only because I was using 1Password 6, so I when I saw the AgileBits path using 1Password 4, I assumed rather hastily that it wouldn't be there for my version.
    Thanks again for responding so fast and sorry for forcing the repetition on your forum.
    B

• No worries. We too hate that "1Password 4" is still part of our paths for stuff.

I'm glad that this worked out for you.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.