Mac Reboot Required for Master Password to Unlock

Options
randy
randy
Community Member

macOS 10.12.6, 1Password 6.8.4 would not unlock after 2 dozen increasingly painstaking typings of the Master Password in both the app and Safari extension. Restarting the macOS 1Password program did not cure the problem. But I did not try killing and restarting Safari.

The failure to unlock started yesterday morning after two successful unlocks earlier in the same morning.

Meanwhile, my up-to-date iPhone and 1Password app unlocked fine, both using the Master Password and TouchID. I was mighty scared of losing access to several hundred accounts! Fortunately, a reboot of the Mac "fixed" the problem. The Mac had been up for 14 days before the miraculous reboot. I think the 6.8.4 update was installed prior to the last reboot, but am not sure.

Anyone else suffer this scare?

1Password Version: 6.8.4
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• rickfillion
    edited November 2017
    Options

@randy : this is the 2nd or 3rd such instance like this that I've heard of. We're not entirely sure yet what's going on in these cases. The Mac app is going through some changes under the hood currently, and I'm very curious to see if we're going to keep hearing about this problem once the new release is out.

Rick

ref: GPG-89947-995

This discussion has been closed.