UI of 1Password

daz
daz
Community Member

Hi
I was wondering when 1Password was going to become visually pleasing to use since the release of the iPhone X :|

1Password has always received praise for having a terrific design, but it seems a bit outdated at this point — just a simple list of accounts and vaults.

Dashlane has wonderfully revamped their UI and its organization and intelligent color coordination are worlds ahead of 1Password.

No other password manager I’ve tried, including 1Password and LastPass, has a better design than Dashlane 4. And it’s consistent across all platforms.

I still stick to 1Password for security reasons but it could do so much better in terms of UI
When do you think it's going to be revamped :)

Comments

• Hi @daz,

Sounds like an advertisement for Dashlane. ;) Please be careful with that.

We’re always happy to take any suggestions you might have, though specifics would be helpful. We did just give the UI a facelift for v7.

Ben

• daz
    daz
    Community Member

I only recommend 1Password to everyone I know because of its simplicity and better security, though every competitor seems to say "AES-256 encryption" these days :)

As for the UI, I do wish it had a Grid / Card view as an option to view your items
    (currently only List view) and updated rich icons

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@daz: Thank you for your support! It really means a lot to us that you think highly enough of our work that you'd recommend it to others! :chuffed:

Encryption is important, and it — and security in general — is the foundation of 1Password. But so is privacy. We go to a lot of trouble to know as little about our customers as possible, so you won't hear about us selling information on shopping habits to data brokers — we don't have it! :sunglasses:

It sounds like you'd just like different ways of presenting data in 1Password for iOS. Is that correct? I sort of feel like the whole "cards" fad is a bit played-out (makes me think of WebOS), but new ways of displaying vaults and items are certainly something we're always thinking about. We just don't want to do something new just to do something new; it's important to us that we make 1Password better to use overall, long-term, even after the excitement of a big first impression wears off. Thanks for your feedback on this! :)

• daz
    daz
    Community Member

Exactly @brenty

It would be a much more enjoyable experience using 1Password with better visibility of your items and vaults

I understand that we don't have to do something new just because it's new
    Overall quality and long term usability is always a priority at 1Password, not to mention privacy and security :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Totally! I know our design team always loves to try new things — a lot of which never sees the light of day because it doesn't turn out to be the best fit — but we'll keep working on ways to make 1Password enjoyable to use — and a joy to behold. Thanks for keeping us on our toes! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.