1password add-on won`t let browsers minimize.

mutaka
mutaka
Community Member
edited November 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hello, I have installed 1password latest version - 4.6.2.626 on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit and when 1password add-on is active, I can't minimize the browsers(Mozilla 57 and Chrome 62.0.3202.94) windows. It worked OK till yesterday and the problem start today. Today I have updated windows from 1703 to 1709 and that don't helped.
Please advice me how to solve the problem.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: latest one
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - 1709
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @mutaka,

Thanks for reporting this.

Can you try this and let me know if it helps:

1. Close your web browsers and 1Password
    2. Open Windows File Explorer and enter the following in the address bar: %LOCALAPPDATA%\AgileBits
    3. Move the OPX4.auth file to your desktop
    4. Restart 1Password, unlock and then open your browser, see if it works better now.
  • mutaka
    mutaka
    Community Member

Hi MikeT,
    Many thanks for the advice it was very helpful! The problem is fixed!
    Actually, removing the file OPX4.auth fixed and my second problem: the 1Password Add-on 4.6.12.90 on Firefox 57 (Quantum) grayed out in toolbar.
    I didn’t write about this, because there was previous discussion on it.
    All the best.

• Hi @mutaka,

You're welcome.

Please do let us know all of the problems you're having, even if you're seeing other related discussions. The more data we get from our customers, the quicker we can figure out the pattern that's causing the problem.

If there is anything else we can help you with, let us know.

• MarcLaf
    MarcLaf
    Community Member

Holy cow this should be a sticky somewhere! (or FAQ). I started experiencing this last week and couldn't for the life of me figure out what was causing the issue. Firefox and Chrome were both staying on top of all windows (not minimizing). Edge wasn't affected though so I uninstalled all extra browsers. At first Chrome worked but when it synced and pulled down all extensions it started happening again. I only figured out it was 1Password when I started disabling addons from the top down (and it's the first in the list).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sorry for the trouble there! Indeed, this odd issue has affected people in a few cases. Anyway, I'm glad that Mike's suggestion above helped, and we're here if you need anything else. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.