Can't convert password only to login

Options

The feature to add a username to a password that was stored doesn't seem to be available on 1Password X, and there doesn't seem to be any way to edit the entry in such as a way as to add a login.

I'm finding using 1Password X really really frustrating due to lack of basic feature parity and essential features.

Since I'm on Chrome OS I have no choice.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Can't convert password only to login

Comments

• sfringer
    sfringer
    Community Member
    Options

It seems to be an issue with 1password.com (since that's where editing is actually performed) and not 1Password X.

• Hi all,

1Password X only ever saves login items, even when you generate a password. That choice was made in part to avoid the need for this ability, which has always felt like a workaround rather than a feature. If you have older password items that you need to convert then I can see how that would be annoying, but the problem should go away as you use 1Password X to create logins.

I'm finding using 1Password X really really frustrating due to lack of basic feature parity and essential features.

I hear you — and I want you to know you're in good company. Several people on our team, including company cofounder @dteare, use 1Password X exclusively to ensure that we all experience with the same set of features and pain points. It's a great time to share feedback and shape the future of the product. :)

This discussion has been closed.