Won’t sync on new iPad Pro.

esitver
esitver
Community Member

Won’t sync on new iPad Pro. Mac is on same network as iPad, but 1Password won’t find it. Followed instructions exactly. I don’t have 1Password account... I just sync over WAN.

1Password Version: 7.0.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.1.2
Sync Type: WLAN
Referrer: forum-search:won’t sync on new iPad Pro

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited November 2017

Hi @esitver

Thanks for taking the time to write in. I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the WLAN server. With WLAN sync there are a lot of different variables, and for that reason it is considered an advanced option to attempt it. We do have a troubleshooting guide which may be helpful available here:

If you're having trouble using the WLAN server - 1Password Support

Unfortunately if that guide does not help the only suggestion I could make would be to try a different sync method. As such I'd highly recommend taking the guide slow, and trying each step, especially if you're determined to continue using the WLAN server to sync.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

ref: YGI-31822-551

• esitver
    esitver
    Community Member

Ben,

Thanks for the quick response, but I’ve been fine with WLAN for years. I’m definitely not going to sync my passwords, accounts, and basically my entire life over the Internet on some server which is far as I know has already been hacked.

Claiming that WLAN is complex feels like an excuse to sell the new membership scheme. It’s just a matter time before all that data is hacked. If WLAN no longer works, then I will switch to another app.

• Okay. Please let me know how you make out with the troubleshooting guide. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.