FaceID is disappeared after updating 1password

meik
meik
Community Member

Hi,
I am currently using version 7.0.3 on my iPhone X. But today I realized that Face ID was no longer available for 1password.
I have used Face ID on 1password before but now entering my master password is only way to get to my vault. I can see FaceID is enabled on iPhone Settings > 1password. But ther is no FaceID option available 1password Settings screen.

Comments

• Hi @meik,

Is Face ID working elsewhere? Have you tried restarting your iPhone to see if that helps?

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Ben

• meik
    meik
    Community Member

Ben,

Yes, FaceID is available and working elsewhere.

I just turned FaceID option off and back on on iPhone’s Settings screen.
    I now can see FaceID instead of Pin code on 1password Settings screen.

Not sure what caused it but it works now at least.

• Thanks for the update @meik. Glad to hear that resolved the problem for you. :)

Ben

• Jose2017
    Jose2017
    Community Member
    edited November 2017

Hello. I am having the same issue. I closed 1Password, restart the iPhone X, and restarted the 1Password. FaceID used to appear below the Master Password field, but it no longer appears. The FaceID icon appeared and 1Password unlocked. I locked 1Password. Force closed the app and started it again...this time, the FaceID did not reappear and I had to manually enter the master password. Is there are bug preventing FaceID once you lock 1Password after an iPhone X restart?

Thanks in advance for any help,
    José

• Jose2017
    Jose2017
    Community Member

Hi again. Looks like FaceID is working again after I turned on "Lock on Exit" under the Settings/Security page on the app. I had "Lock on Exit" disabled and the Auto-Lock set up to 2 Minutes.

• Thanks for letting us know that worked for you, @Jose2017. :)

Ben

• themikea
    themikea
    Community Member

I also lost the FaceID option in security settings within 1Password 7.0.3 on my iPhone X. Toggling FaceID on and off in the settings app did not work, required a reboot of my iPhone X for the FaceID option to come back. Just wanted to report here as this is obviously a bug.

• Thank you for the report, @themikea.

Ben

• vjpr
    vjpr
    Community Member

Same bug here. Restarting fixed it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thank for letting us know! If you encounter the issue again though, could you please send us a diagnostics report?

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Hopefully you won't run into any more trouble, but we're here if you do. :)

This discussion has been closed.