1Password Mini for Chromebook Please can you enable it!!

Options

Hi there,

1Password mini seems to work great with 1Password X on my corp MacBook enabling me to use all the features I love about 1PW. I'm logged in to a Window on Chrome with my personal email which is the same as the one logged in on my personal Chromebook. It's frustrating to not be able to right click on my Chromebook and use 1PW mini. The Chromebook downloads the extension because of the shared login, but 1PW mini doesn't work because it can't find the vault.

Is there any plans to fix this? Or create a version for Chromebook like you have for Mac/Windows? I really hate having to type the super long password every 5mins that X requires.

Thanks,
Symon

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mr_662: Thanks for getting in touch! Glad to hear you're enjoying using 1Password X on your Chromebook, and the feedback is appreciated. :)

1Password mini seems to work great with 1Password X on my corp MacBook enabling me to use all the features I love about 1PW. I'm logged in to a Window on Chrome with my personal email which is the same as the one logged in on my personal Chromebook. It's frustrating to not be able to right click on my Chromebook and use 1PW mini. The Chromebook downloads the extension because of the shared login, but 1PW mini doesn't work because it can't find the vault. Is there any plans to fix this? Or create a version for Chromebook like you have for Mac/Windows? I really hate having to type the super long password every 5mins that X requires.

I hear you. This is a tough one though. Chrome doesn't have persistent apps the same way that macOS and Windows do. And the "apps" that ChromeOS does support can't talk to each other the same way either, like we have 1Password for Mac work with our other browser extensions, for example. It's just a very different beast. ChromeOS just isn't trying to be macOS or Windows, and perhaps 1Password X should follow its example. :sunglasses:

I agree that it would be nice to have easier access to 1Password though, even on a Chromebook. Can you tell me more about what you're trying to do? While I don't think we'll be able to have it work the same way a full desktop app does, maybe that's not the best fit for that platform anyway; and depending on the scenario, maybes there's a different way we can have 1Password X help within the constraints of ChromeOS. It sounds like you're talking about a few very different things here:

It's frustrating to not be able to right click on my Chromebook and use 1PW mini.

I don't think this is possible for a Chrome extension, but that may change in the future. For now, you should be able to press Ctrl Shift X to bring up 1Password X.

The Chromebook downloads the extension because of the shared login, but 1PW mini doesn't work because it can't find the vault.

I wasn't sure what you meant at first, but are you referring to syncing other extensions using your Google Account? If so, you can disable the other 1Password extension in Chrome:

chrome://extensions/

I really hate having to type the super long password every 5mins that X requires.

1Password X uses a default of 10 minutes, but you can configure this:

I hope this helps. Let me know if there's anything else! :)

This discussion has been closed.