1password asking for Master Password randomly on MBP with touchID

Rince
Rince
Community Member

Hi.

I´ve been boggled by this for a while, but not found anyone else with the same issue here on the forums or the knowledge base. Mabye i´m just not good at searching.

I have the setting in the program to ask for master password once a week, which is fine. I know it and use it without any issues. But it seems that the program is not behaving as it should.

Sometimes during a work day, it might ask med for the master password 5-8 times(three times so far today).
And it´s asking for master password with the info that it´s needed to unlock touchid.
The solution seems to be(not sure if its a solution or not) is just to quit the application, re-launch it and it prompts for touch id without any issues.

If i enter the master password the touch id works.
If i close the program and open it again touch id works as well as the master password.

Not sure how to describe it in more detail than that.

This has been the case since i started to use it on the new MBP with touch id, so i´m not sure if i´ts 1password or if it´s the macOS causing the issue.

//Rince

1Password Version: 6.8.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Sierra 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Rince: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! It's sort of both. We're aware of some issues with Touch ID currently. I can't go into more detail at this time, but while it isn't something we can fix directly, some other things we're working on will help with that. Nothing to announce yet, but keep an eye out for updates. :)

• Rince
    Rince
    Community Member

Hi brenty

Thank you for the information. Have a nice day :)

//Rince

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Likewise! I'm sorry I don't have more to share right now, but we're on the case. :chuffed: :+1:

This discussion has been closed.