Make 1Password sync offline changes manually

Manaburner
Manaburner
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

From time to time it's possible that 1Password does not have internet access right away. It has no access because I'm using Tripmode to stop applications from connecting to the internet when I'm in certain networks.
When I then change something in 1Password, these changes pile up in the "Offline changes" view. This does not change even if internet access for 1Password has been restored in the meantime. The only way to make it sync is to lock and unlock the app.
Is there a secret keystroke I don't know?

1Password Version: 6.8.BETA-473
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Manaburner,

Thanks for reporting this.

It should've definitely reconnect on its own, it is using Windows APIs to let it know when Internet access has been restored. I wonder if Tripmode is interfering with this?

First, I've moved your thread to our Windows Beta forum as you're using a beta version of 1Password.

There is a way to manually sync but first, we do need to fix this properly, so that you don't have to do this. Can you email us your 1Password diagnostics report when it didn't reconnect? Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT
    I've just sent the diag report. It is from when I allowed the 1Password application again to access the internet and while 6 offline changes have piled up.

• Thanks for the diagnostics, @Manaburner! I've found them and we'll take a look and get back to you ASAP. :chuffed:

ref: AKW-73613-449

• DariusR
    DariusR
    Community Member

@MikeT

There is a way to manually sync

Please do tell :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@DariusR: It isn't as exciting as Mike made it sound, but 1Password will always attempt to sync changes in both directions when unlocking. Cheers! :)

• @brenty There's a sync command that can be done in 1Password console to push the app to sync, so it is not that.

Also, 1Password does its sync 10 seconds after unlocking, not right away.

This discussion has been closed.