Can't log into Windows app

I am attempting to trial 1Password. I have successfully logged into the Chrome extension and the Android app and have been able to sign into via the web. I know my master password as evidenced by being able to log into 1Password via 3 different methods. I have my Emergency Kit.

I have attempted multiple times to log into the Windows app but consistently receive the following error: "Unable to sign in, please check details provided and your network connection".

I have uninstalled the app, rebooted the PC and then reinstalled. Nothing has made a difference.

Can you help troubleshoot this?

1Password Version: 6.7.457
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: Win 7 Enterprise, Service Pack 1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @gohorns,

Thanks for writing in.

Do you use a proxy or have a restricted network? In certain network environment, 1Password 6.7 may not be able to use the system proxy or may be blocked by the network settings.

• gohorns
    gohorns
    Community Member

I don't use a proxy, but I know that IT does block some sites. I wouldn't think they would block you though. If that were true, would the Chrome extension still work? I ask because I CAN log into that.

Thanks,

• Hi @gohorns,

We have seen many companies block 1Password.com by default, especially if they're not using 1Password Teams. A lot of companies uses a whitelist, meaning they block all sites by default and only allow certain sites.

As for 1Password extension, are you using 1Password X? Web browsers are typically excluded from network filtering by default, so what works in web browsers does not mean it'll work in all apps.

Can you email us your 1Password logs and we can tell what the issue may be. Here's how to get the logs and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com with a link to this thread and your forum username.

Let us know here when you sent it, so we can confirm we got it.

This discussion has been closed.