Master Password Brainfart... Duh Doh!

So I am typing in my master password yesterday, its a nice one, nice and long, easy for me to type quickly, looks like gibberish but isn't as it is a passphrase in disguise, but wait! I wasn't paying attention to focus. And there I was entering the master password into a user ID field in one of our web applications as I watched the web browser come back and say oops... and knowing that "user id" and failed log in attempt was just logged into Sumo Logic's cloud application, the one I help set up, the one that tracks the logs from hundreds of systems, there for anyone, including myself, to find, forever in plain text.

sigh

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Well, shoot. :frown:

We all have those days.

On a positive note: It is unlikely anyone is going to associate that gibberish with a password. If they are it is unlikely they are going to associate it with you. And if they do it is unlikely that they are going to assume that it is your 1Password Master Password. Even if all of that happens, they'd still either need one of your devices, or your Secret Key, for it to do them any good. :)

But it probably doesn't hurt to change it anyway. ;)

Ben

• lol. Changed 30 seconds after I go over the shock. Oh, I agree, but we all know I our IPs around here is one of the consequences of having that product... Sure it's buried, and the secret key does protect, but why worry? I knew I could see it, was enough...

• :+1: :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.