Add a shared vault

nienberg
nienberg
Community Member

I'm setting up a new user account on my Mac. All of my vaults are on dropbox. When I started 1Password the first time in the new account it asked me for the location of my primary vault and I gave it the dropbox location and it synced and all is well. But I also have a shared vault on dropbox that I want to access. How do I set this up? It doesn't seem like the New Vault command is right. Thanks,

1Password Version: 6.8.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.1
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@nienberg - there are a couple of ways you can do this: the easiest, recomended way would be by opening the shared folder containing your additional vault inside your Dropbox folder and just double-clicking the .agilekeychain or .opvault folder with 1Password running and unlocked. This will open 1Password and present you with the password-entry pop-up for that vault. Give it a name and enter your password for that vault, and you should be all set. :)

• nienberg
    nienberg
    Community Member

Got it. That worked. Thanks.

Consider putting an "Open Vault..." command in the file menu. I wouldn't have had to ask if it were there!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@neinberg - thanks for the suggestion, and glad to hear you're up and running. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.