Newsblur.com: Wrong Fields filled

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member
edited December 2017 in 1Password in the Browser

When trying to sign in on https://newsblur.com using 1Password X, the Fields for a new Registration are filed instead of the Login Fields.

1Password Version: 1Password X
Extension Version: 1.2.0
OS Version: Linux Mint Cinnamon 18.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• sfringer
    sfringer
    Community Member

I'm seeing a similar issue on the Codeweavers site: https://www.codeweavers.com/login/

• @Schneppi and @sfringer: I'm not seeing this behavior on either site. Could each of you share some more detail about how these items were created? Did 1Password X save them? Was it manually created on 1Password.com or in one of the apps? Saved by the standard 1Password extension in one of the desktop apps? If you create a new login using 1Password X does the recreated Login item fill properly? Thanks! :chuffed:

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

It was created using 1Password on macOS from within Safari. But i recreated the Login using the 1Password X Extension and this one works fine now. So i removed the non working. (It's still in the Trash. And i can send you both if you like.)

• @Schneppi: Thanks for sharing the extra detail! I should be able to recreate this scenario myself, so no need to ship your item along. Interesting that you found where it was created played a role here. I had actually tried creating a Login item in Firefox with 1Password for Windows and found that one filled fine for me with 1Password X, so I was a bit dubious about my theory and thought you may be running into something more complicated. Still, I'm pleased to be wrong (about being wrong?) in this case. I'll do some more testing across browsers to see if this is an issue beyond Safari on Mac or if there's something specific about the process of saving a Login there that is causing some confusion for 1Password X. Glad recreating the item worked now and hopefully we can track down the exact root cause so you can avoid this extra step in the future. Thanks for checking for me and enjoy your weekend! :chuffed:

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

I am everytime again impressed about how kind you are in your conversations with your customers, at agilebits. Thank you and have a nice weekend too! :)

• bundtkate
    edited December 2017

@Schneppi: Aw, thank you! My "weekend" is over (Thursday/Friday), but I get to spend my normal-people-weekend with you lovely people, so how can I be upset? :chuffed: :blush:

• sfringer
    sfringer
    Community Member

Yes, like @Schneppi my login item was created on MacOS using the standalone version of 1Password, It was recently migrated to 1Password.com (and in turn to 1Password X). My use was within Chrome.
    (and apologies for the tardiness in replying, dad responsibilities)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

No worries. Somebody's gotta do it! :)

Thanks for letting us know. We'll see what we can do to improve filling.

This discussion has been closed.