Need help editing the name of a vault and deleting an unused vault, don’t know how to do it.

john1248
john1248
Community Member

Currently sharing 1P w/my iPad Air and iPhoneX, may extend to my MacBook Air. Need help editing the name of a vault and deleting an unused vault, don’t know how to do it.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Need help editing the name of a vault and deleting an unused vault, don’t know how to do it.

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited November 2017

Hi @john1248,

Are you using a 1Password.com subscription membership, or are you syncing standalone vaults via iCloud/Dropbox? Please let us know. :)

Ben

ref: TWF-41639-166

• john1248
    john1248
    Community Member

On 1P subscription.

• john1248
    john1248
    Community Member

Using iCloud,

• @john1248

Well... those two statements are a bit contradictory. 1Password.com subscription vaults cannot be synced via iCloud. If the vault is in standalone and synced via iCloud it cannot be renamed. If it is a 1Password.com vault you can change the name by logging in at https://signin.1Password.com/ then under the vault you want to rename select the Manage option. From there tap Edit.

For deleting a 1Password.com vault the steps are the same as above, except instead of entering a new name after tapping Edit you’ll tap the Delete Vault option.

For deleting a standalone vault you can delete it from 1Password > Settings > Vaults > select the vault > Delete Vault. The Primary vault cannot be deleted while other standalone vaults still exist.

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.