password install into new laptop

Options
jjgabay
jjgabay
Community Member

Hi I have password6 for mac I have it installed on my phone - but it keeps asking me for my secret word and email on the new machine. I have put in my email etc but it does not recognise it

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @jjgabay! If you have 1Password for Mac as well as 1Password for iOS and you want to keep the two in sync, the main question is: do you have a 1password.com membership? Or did you just purchase/download the Mac and iOS versions as standalone apps?

If you have a 1password.com account, just sign in using the credentials you used when you created the account. If you have standalone versions of 1Password that you want to keep in sync manually, we've got a great, easy-to-follow guide to get sync set up. You can choose iCloud, Dropbox or WLAN sync; instructions are included for all three.

• jjgabay
    jjgabay
    Community Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

I have 1 password on my phone but I don't know how to find out what my account is you have me as either [removed by AgileBits staff, this is a public forum]

• jjgabay
    jjgabay
    Community Member
    Options

where do I find my details?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2017
    Options

@jjgabay Let's back up a bit. On your Mac, you have 1Password installed. What version of 1Password for Mac is it, and are you syncing your data? In other words, if you visit Preferences > Sync, what type of sync do you use?

This discussion has been closed.